IGNORED

The hits just keep on coming....

DragonRider

I had some tests on my ears today about 1 1/2 hours worth of very involved testing, due to the vertigo and dizziness I have been experiencing for the past 1 1/2 months. They believe there is a problem with a nerve that connects my ear to my brain that is not functioning all the time, he explained it as a short circuit in laymans terms, now I have to have an MRI of my ear to get a more detailed image of whats going on. It seems like I have been going to the Dr.'s for one thing or another for the past 3-4 months, next week or sometime before Xmas I have to go have an injection into my neck to try to alleviate the pain and discomfort I have be experiencing lately................when will it end.............???? But at least I have plenty of time since I am off on disability for the next 3-5 weeks. I guess it comes with getting to be a senior citizen.:doh::doh:

Yes, all the Dr's have been consulting, not the neck, thats been going on for years, had a stress test and echogram, heart is ruled out. The test they did today were the final straw until I get the MRI. That will hopefully be sometime next week.

Does the ear doctor know about the pain in the neck or the neck doctor about the ear? Just saying, could be related.

Mike

:fingers-crossed-emoNot fun....been going back and forth to the Dr. several times a week for the last month, had a xray and U Scan yesterday... hope to find out whats going on next week.. sure hope they get you fixed up soon..

I have no pain meds left and they will not refill until they figure out whats up, so been hitting the Tylonol, now my liver will probably give out from that..LOL

vertigo and dizziness ...

Even a simple ear infection can cause vertigo and dizziness...

Any other signs such as facial ticks or loss of hearing in one ear only?

I had an accoustic neuroma back in May 2000. Had it removed in June 2000 at the House Ear institute in Los Angles California. It was a tumor in the channel between the ear drum and the brain stem. It grew and pressured the hearing/balance/facial nerves. !

100% now.

Hopefully, it's just an ear infection. Good luck!

I had some tests on my ears today about 1 1/2 hours worth of very involved testing, due to the vertigo and dizziness I have been experiencing for the past 1 1/2 months. They believe there is a problem with a nerve that connects my ear to my brain that is not functioning all the time, he explained it as a short circuit in laymans terms, now I have to have an MRI of my ear to get a more detailed image of whats going on. It seems like I have been going to the Dr.'s for one thing or another for the past 3-4 months, next week or sometime before Xmas I have to go have an injection into my neck to try to alleviate the pain and discomfort I have be experiencing lately................when will it end.............???? But at least I have plenty of time since I am off on disability for the next 3-5 weeks. I guess it comes with getting to be a senior citizen.:doh::doh:

Lew make sure they think and check for Miniere's disease.

My Dad had this and it took them years to figure it out. The treatment is best done when discovered early.

Symptoms:

Symptoms of Meniere's disease include tinnitus (ringing in the ear), vertigo (severe dizziness), fluctuating loss of hearing and the feeling of pressure or pain in the affected ear.

I was getting dizzy occassionally. Went to the Doc and he explained that 'old folks' start getting calicium flakes floating around in the inner ear ,and when one gets dislodged it screws up my balance. Sometimes it would last for a day or more. He told me that when it happened to sit down and tilt my head back and move it from side to side. It works... for me anyway... Now when I hop out of bed in the morning and bounce off a wall, I do the side to side shuffle and within a very short time I'm back on an even keel again. The good thing is it starts when I get out of bed... not while I'm riding down the freeway on two wheels.. :yikes:

I was getting dizzy occassionally. Went to the Doc and he explained that 'old folks' start getting calicium flakes floating around in the inner ear ,and when one gets dislodged it screws up my balance. Sometimes it would last for a day or more. He told me that when it happened to sit down and tilt my head back and move it from side to side. It works... for me anyway... Now when I hop out of bed in the morning and bounce off a wall, I do the side to side shuffle and within a very short time I'm back on an even keel again. The good thing is it starts when I get out of bed... not while I'm riding down the freeway on two wheels.. :yikes:

Lew, did you hear that................he called you OLD :stirthepot:

Now the mental picture of you doing the side to side shuffle is just too funny :crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup: