IGNORED

Deer Takes Down Hunter

billjames

It's getting harder out there every day folks.

ALBION, Ind. -- A northeastern Indiana hunter has died after struggling with a buck he had just shot.

The Indiana Department of Natural Resources says 62-year-old Paul Smith of Fort Wayne died Monday during a deer reduction hunt at Chain O'Lakes State Park about 20 miles northwest of the city. It says the Noble County coroner says the death was due to a lacerated liver, possibly suffered during the struggle. ...Full Story

Always walk up to a down deer with caution, especially a buck. Touch his eye with something to make sure he is dead first. You may not have thought of it, but also if you hit a deer with your automobile, be careful when approaching a wounded or downed animal.

I was at work one day (Ky State HWY Dept.). We where spraying the guardrail on the right of way of State Route 67. I was at the time doing the spraying from the passenger side of the ton truck we where in. We would take turns driving half of the work day and then switch to spray half of the work day.

We came up on a man that had a saddled horse by the reigns in one hand and a large goat by the horn in the other hand. A big curly sharp horned billy goat.He was going around and around with both, the horse and the goat. My co-worker stopped the truck and I ran over to see what was happening and to help the poor man out.

I was talking to him and taking the goat by the horns at the same time. Apparently the goat had went crazy as he passed by a house on his ride. The man tried to out run it and did somewhat. The billy goat had then caught up with him by surprise and was trying to gore his horse in the side and finally did so. The horse was bleeding from it's side.The man had jumped from the horse and gotten the goat by the horn. He was also swearing and cursing how that the family that owned this crazy billy goat was to going to pay for his horse.

Well my co-worker had called the State Police and I was trying to hold this crazy goat and keep it from goring me. I had it with both my hands around its very large horns and it was lifting me plum off the ground. :starz:Finally help came and got the goat on a leash and tied him up.

I can tell you then from experience, that it would not be to difficult to get gored by a deer with those sharp horns. :backinmyday:

I KNOW SOME ARE LAUGHING, AND I DO TO, BUT THIS IS THE TRUTH. AND BELIEVE IT OR NOT, WHEN WE WHERE ASKED FOR THE LOCATION, IT WAS AT AT THE INTERSECTION OF ST HWY 67 AND HORN HOLLOW RD. :rotf:

Edited by FuzzyRSTD

Always walk up to a down deer with caution, especially a buck. Touch his eye with something to make sure he is dead first. You may not have thought of it, but also if you hit a deer with your automobile, be careful when approaching a wounded or downed animal.

I was at work one day (Ky State HWY Dept.). We where spraying the guardrail on the right of way of State Route 67. I was at the time doing the spraying from the passenger side of the ton truck we where in. We would take turns driving half of the work day and then switch to spray half of the work day.

We came up on a man that had a saddled horse by the reigns in one hand and a large goat by the horn in the other hand. A big curly sharp horned billy goat.He was going around and around with both, the horse and the goat. My co-worker stopped the truck and I ran over to see what was happening and to help the poor man out.

I was talking to him and taking the goat by the horns at the same time. Apparently the goat had went crazy as he passed by a house on his ride. The man tried to out run it and did somewhat. The billy goat had then caught up with him by surprise and was trying to gore his horse in the side and finally did so. The horse was bleeding from it's side.The man had jumped from the horse and gotten the goat by the horn. He was also swearing and cursing how that the family that owned this crazy billy goat was to going to pay for his horse.

Well my co-worker had called the State Police and I was trying to hold this crazy goat and keep it from goring me. I had it with both my hands around its very large horns and it was lifting me plum off the ground. :starz:Finally help came and got the goat on a leash and tied him up.

I can tell you then from experience, that it would not be to difficult to get gored by a deer with those sharp horns. :backinmyday:

I KNOW SOME ARE LAUGHING, AND I DO TO, BUT THIS IS THE TRUTH. AND BELIEVE IT OR NOT, WHEN WE WHERE ASKED FOR THE LOCATION, IT WAS AT AT THE INTERSECTION OF ST HWY 67 AND HORN HOLLOW RD. :rotf:

Two Kentucky highway workers inspecting the roadside. As they are

walking along they come upon a huge hole in the ground.

They approach it and are amazed by the size of it.

The first worker says, "Wow, that's some hole;

I can't even see the bottom. I wonder how deep it is."

The second worker says," I don't know, let's throw something

down and listen and see how long it takes to hit bottom."

The first worker says, "There's this old automobile transmission here,

give me a hand and we'll throw it in and see".

So they pick it up and carry it over, and count one, and

two and three, and throw it in the hole.

They are standing there listening and looking over the edge and

they hear a rustling in the brush behind them.

As they turn around they see a goat come crashing through the brush,

run up to the hole and with no hesitation, jump in head first.

While they are standing there looking at each other, looking in the hole

and trying to figure out what that was all about, an old farmer walks up.

"Say there," says the farmer, "you fellers didn't happen to see my goat

around here anywhere, did you?"

The first worker says, " Funny you should ask, but we were just standing

here a minute ago and a goat came running out of the bushes doin'

about a hunert miles an hour and jumped headfirst into this hole here!"

The old farmer said, "That's impossible.

I had him chained to a transmission!"

Animals are very strong...

In fact a 200 lb buck all hyped up on adrenelin, will win hands down in a fight with a unarmed person... after all they have antlers and can and will gore you. They are lean, very fast with zero body fat...

Ever try to wrestle a 80 lb. German shepard down? I have many times with Blackie the family pet... we were playing... now triple that and you will more than have your hands full.

As FuzzyRSTD mentioned,

I personally will take my rifle and touch the eye of an animal that is "not moving at all". If it is still alive, it will blink as it's a responce they cannot control.

If it is alive and moving, I won't approach till I put it out of it's misery.

A wounded animal is unpredictable.... stay away from them. :Avatars_Gee_George:

Edited by CaptainJoe

Two Kentucky highway workers inspecting the roadside. As they are

walking along they come upon a huge hole in the ground.

They approach it and are amazed by the size of it.

The first worker says, "Wow, that's some hole;

I can't even see the bottom. I wonder how deep it is."

The second worker says," I don't know, let's throw something

down and listen and see how long it takes to hit bottom."

The first worker says, "There's this old automobile transmission here,

give me a hand and we'll throw it in and see".

So they pick it up and carry it over, and count one, and

two and three, and throw it in the hole.

They are standing there listening and looking over the edge and

they hear a rustling in the brush behind them.

As they turn around they see a goat come crashing through the brush,

run up to the hole and with no hesitation, jump in head first.

While they are standing there looking at each other, looking in the hole

and trying to figure out what that was all about, an old farmer walks up.

"Say there," says the farmer, "you fellers didn't happen to see my goat

around here anywhere, did you?"

The first worker says, " Funny you should ask, but we were just standing

here a minute ago and a goat came running out of the bushes doin'

about a hunert miles an hour and jumped headfirst into this hole here!"

The old farmer said, "That's impossible.

I had him chained to a transmission!"

:clap2: Thanks Mel, I get those Sate worker jokes a lot. But I heard that joke another way. I heard it was two Hoosiers. :whistling: And yes that goat needed a chain around his neck and tied to a transmission, installed in a Nascar.