IGNORED

March 31 / 2012 M/D Georgia

SteveW

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesnt look too god for me. Its about 10 days away and I cant sit in a car for mre than a few miles right now. I dont see that much of an improvement in a few days to allow a 6 hr drive.

I really need to be there but my bike has gone down so far I'd feel like the town drunk at a ladies Monday morning Bible study. On the other hand if I don't come I might as well sell this beast and move on. 3 weeks ago tach died and I think it's running on 2 cylinders, and that's just the beginning. Sad thing is, I think internally she's solid. Just needs tune up, carb work and all the "standard fixes" listed for this 30 year old neglected lady. I could only pull it off with the support of a recovery group. (Oh yeah and a winning lottery ticket!)

All of a sudden this looks doable after all. I can trailer it if there's someone to help me work on it. I'm not sure exactly what parts I need. Still running on 2 cyl, tach not working, still backfiring. I can put about $250 in to parts right now.

What Bike do you have? I can help you with the 1st gens, That happens to be my area of expertise amoung many others on this site. I'll be there also.

If you pm me and give me an overview on what your dealing with I've got a bunch of 1st gen parts that might help you out.

Edited by Dragonslayer

Hello all,

I'm a new kid on the block when it comes to RSV, just bought it a month or so ago, (my first time riding it was driving it home from Jacksonville, Fl) would like to try and make the MD this Sat. however weather saying 40% chance of thunderstorms, I guess we'll see towards the end of the week how it looks. My wife was thinking about coming, she wanted me to see if other wives will be there, also has anyone that is planning on coming had their stock RSV seat modded by Rick Butler?, i'm thinking about having it done but wanted to try one out first, the seat is killing me. I'm used to my mustang seats I've had on my last couple bikes, could ride all day with no problem.

Looking forward to meeting some other RSV riders.

Meach

Hello all,

also has anyone that is planning on coming had their stock RSV seat modded by Rick Butler?, i'm thinking about having it done but wanted to try one out first, the seat is killing me. I'm used to my mustang seats I've had on my last couple bikes, could ride all day with no problem.

Meach

meach. welcome

I should be there with my Butler mod'd standard venture seat.

Hello all,

I'm a new kid on the block when it comes to RSV, just bought it a month or so ago, (my first time riding it was driving it home from Jacksonville, Fl) would like to try and make the MD this Sat. however weather saying 40% chance of thunderstorms, I guess we'll see towards the end of the week how it looks. My wife was thinking about coming, she wanted me to see if other wives will be there, also has anyone that is planning on coming had their stock RSV seat modded by Rick Butler?, i'm thinking about having it done but wanted to try one out first, the seat is killing me. I'm used to my mustang seats I've had on my last couple bikes, could ride all day with no problem.

Meach

Heck if the weather looks bad take the cage...........Neither one of my Ex- wifes like me enough to go anywhere with me......But, your wife is welcome.

hey yammerdan, just don't die looking for a corner to pee in if the room is round. LOL hey Steve,gonna take another look at this thing. i might be able to come it just depends on the weather and if i get a riding partner. in my health condition it would be better for me if i can get one. will let you know by Fri evening i hope. good luck and be safe.

Hello all,

Meach

Welcome Meach....I am also in May-etta, and also a former VTX1300 owner. Loved that scoot. See ya at the MD.