IGNORED

Internet question

ediddy

Our internet provider just called and said our upload activity had spiked since 11:00am and asked if we were doing anything different. We asked what would cause this as we are just doing business as usual. He said it could be a virus. Anyone know what might cause this and how would you find out what is causing this?

Never mind. Found the problem. At the time our upload spiked my wife was trying to send an email with picutres to my daughter and the computer was continually trying to send the pictures. Once she cancelled the email the upload activity went down to norma.

I would still download the malwarebytes program, it is free and very good!!

Never mind. Found the problem. At the time our upload spiked my wife was trying to send an email with picutres to my daughter and the computer was continually trying to send the pictures. Once she cancelled the email the upload activity went down to norma.

Thanks for all the replys. I was surprised our provider called also. I've never had that happen. Our city water, gas and light utility provides our service through their fiber optic lines. We also use their service for our voip phone service. The speed and service from them has been excellent. The only problem is you have to live in the city limits to get their service so I can't get it at home.