IGNORED

More Corn Please !

FROG MAN

I hung a small corn feeder out back of the camp Sunday. Deer season coming up next week might hunt a few days. The feeder no longer works with the timer so I stopped by evenings after work and hit the manual start button. Monday evening there was three head waiting for corn. This evening there was six head waiting on me. Tomorrow who knows maybe 9 head? I smell steak a cooking.:cool10::cool10: It has been several years since I hunted with a gun but I have a high harvest rate with a pickup.

pickinfred: need any help getting those deer under control?:whistling:

Joe everything is OK on the home front in Jackson County........its the "half scared to death" buck in Randolph Co. that has me concerned.....he's likely in Virginia now....judging by his speed when he passed the trail camera! :confused24:

Yesterday I was driving past the city office complex. Understand that this is a city of several hundred thousand people and I was on a six lane road.

I saw a doe come running from the city complex to my left, into the other side of the road, across 3 lanes, the boulevard and my lanes. I immediately slowed because I know how rare it is to see a doe alone.

About 150 yards behind her came the buck, only about a 6 point. As he crossed the road he jumped over a berm onto the parking lot. Asphalt must have been slippery because he went down and all I could see at first behind the berm was hooves waving in the air. Then his head popped up, he looked around to get his bearings, and took off after her again. Kinda felt sorry for the guy because she doubled her lead.

I'm glad I'm not a deer. I much prefer buying drinks to all that chasing stuff.:cool10:

I seen quite a few deer in Randolph County this week.

My Bluegrass Pickin Buddy lives in the eastern part of Randolph Co., said the Bear make it rough on the deer in his area...but the deer numbers are a little higher in the...Mill Creek.... southern areas.....I only know hunting the Cheat Mountain area is abusive to the BODY!

This young Buck was standing under my feeder. We took these from the window inside my camp.

http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m580/ggrabose/Falls%20Mill/buckdoecrop-2.jpg

http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m580/ggrabose/Falls%20Mill/buckcrop-1.jpg

Same here Yammer I've hunted hard all week lucky to see a doe during the day. I don't know but it looks like your camera is mounted to high if you place it somewhere between knee high and your waist I think you will get better pictures. Just my :2cents: but those are still nice.

Thanks for the reply, but I think it is just my cheap camera doesn't make good night pics.

It is only about 30" off the ground. The shots in daylight are pretty good, just wish that

big buck would come during the day!!!:fingers-crossed-emo

good luck on one of those south Ar. trophy deer :080402gudl_prv:

later, yammer 2k1

this little critter showed up in my feeder..hes not all that big but if he crosses me I just might have to shot him.

David

That little critter has butterfly steaks that will melt in the mouth........

I've always been told you can boil the antlers of a big 12 point for 2 days and they still will not even make good soup.:confused24:

"Butterfly Steaks"====:fatsmiley: