IGNORED

Would it hurt to change??

loehring

I have been running Rotela T Synthetic in my 1st Gen for the last 20k miles. There is a tiny leak that is really nothing more than an annoyance either comming from the stator or the transmission cover. Just enough to make a small wet spot under the kick stand but not ebough to ever have to add any oil between changes. I've changed the gasket on the transmission cover but that made no difference at all. I'm beginning to think it may simply be synthetic oil. I've heard different opinions but my question was, would it hurt anything to go to Rotela T standard oil? The bike runs great and I don't want to do anything to screw it up. As you can tell I'm no mechanic. Just wanted ya'lls advice.

There is absolutely no concern switching between synthetic and dino oils, so if yo want to try it, go for it!

But I doubt you will find any difference in the leak. Despite the many stories and superstitions about synthetic oils, they do not leak any more or less than any other engine oil of the same grade. Still, no harm in trying, and you get to save a few bucks on your oil change too! Good luck,

Goose