IGNORED

Muth turn signal mirror installation.

Mel

I thought this might be of interest to you GL1800 0wners. Installation is fairly easy.

1 Remove the screw through the bottom of the housing. You'll need a good phillips screwdriver, the factory screw has loctite.

2 Wiggle the mirror while pulling it toward you. It will slide out eventually. On the bench the factory mirror is on the right.

3 Mirror housing with mirror removed.

4 From the front of the motorcycle, peel back the rubber boot to expose the wires and connector.

5 The wires are long enough to pull out in order to install the supplied harness. You have to lift the catch on the factory connector to disconnect it.

6 New harness connected, ready to fish through to the inside of the mirror housing.

7 Muth mirror turn signal connector protruding into the mirror housing. A little tricky to get it in there, just be patient and work with it.

8 Wires connected, I have them on top to better show them. Actual installation was with wires laying on the bottom of the housing. The extra length of wire was pulled back to the outside of the mirror housing and stored inside the fairing by the rubber boot.

9 Carefully slide the assembly into place, making sure the two tabs at the top are properly inserted into the factory bracket. Install the supplied screw. Viola!!! A turn signalling mirror.

Just to throw a wrench in here. Not that they don't look impressive and I certianly do not want to rain an anyones parade. But they have started using them in the mirrors of big trucks and at night, speacially if it is raining I find them a distraction making it difficult to look in the mirror and see behind you, so I am inclined to question the safty factor. Then again maybe that is just me.