IGNORED

I'm happy camper

After having my carbs of for the second time I finally noticed that three of my pilot jets were completly stopped up. After much work I managed to clear them out. I got my carbs back on the motorcycle Saturday morning. After a few minutes of cranking, it finally cranked up. This time it was actually running on all four cylinders.:happy65: Before it was only hitting on one. Since the bike had sat for a very long time you can imagine what my shop looked like. I couldn't even see for the smoke. I shut it down and went to town and got oil and filter and came back and changed the oil. I started it again and let it run for about 15 minutes and smooth out some as well as burn off all the oil on the engine and pipes. Hearing it crank and run was one of the sweetest things I've heard in a long time.:fiddle:

I said all that to get to my question. It seems to be running fairly smooth and the throtle responds good but it is idleing at 3000 rpm and I can't get it to come down. The idle screw is backed all the way out. Does anyone know what the problem might be?

I still have some things I need to do before I can get in on the road. I still don't have any front brakes. As soon as I get the brakes where I feel good about them I'll get it out and run it. I'm sure that will help. I've got seafoam in the gas now. I need to get the idle down so I can at least let it run for a while and work the seafoam into the carbs.

Suspect if you look down the carbthroats, you will see that butterfies are partially open with throttle closed.

Try adjusting sync screws to get butterflies to just barely open and same across all 4. Then you should be able to use your idle screw.

I checked and found that one of the butterfly's was partially open. I tried adjusting the sync screw but it didn't change anything. After closer inspection I noticed that I had put the spring on the sync screw incorrectly and it was holding the butterfly open. I fixed it and cranked the bike and it idled very nicely. It's beginning to run pretty well now. When I get the rest of the bike together (eventually), I'll take it and have the carbs synced. I even managed to get the brakes working. Thanks to a lot of help from everyone on this site I finally feel like I'm making progress. I know I'll be asking a lot more questions before I'm finished. You guys are great.:bowdown: