IGNORED

Stebel/Wolo horn near exhaust?

ACE50

The original owner mounted horns UNDER the saddlebags...pointing backwards (to keep the water out I guess)

They are still loud enough...but I'm sure they work better if I want to blast the guy BEHIND ME! :rotfl:

They will be relocated this winter....

Many Guys have mounted them there, I have mounted one on my buddy's RSV with no prob 3000 miles later. The major problem is location of relay. Water can damage the relay rendering it useless in a time of need. The chrome on your pipes are actually heat shields and dont put out enough heat to meat that hard ABS plastic. Thinner rain suit material is completely different. Dont ask me how I know!!

The horn can take it. (Talking Stebel)

But depending on the mount bracket you use, the two connectors at the bottom may have to be bent inward, say 45 degrees to have them not touch the pipes.

I found that with my RSTD when I used cheapo brackets from Lowe's.

On my RSV, I got the stainless bracket from Carbon one (and his harness) and I did not have the same problem.

But,, if the connectors touch the pipes, they can be bent in a bit.

The relay can neatly fit inside the right side cover.

I have over 50k miles on mine, no problem. Installing mine, I drilled a couple of holes in the plastic around the connection tabs and ran my wires thru there. Then soldered them to the terminals and filled the plastic cavity around the connection with clear chalk.

This allows the wires to come out the side and stay away from the exhaust and protects the connections from road grime and water. Works great.

+1 on the CarbonOne bracket.

RR

I've had my Stebel horn mounted by the orginal horns location for the last 6 years without any problems from heat or the horn not working. Using my wire harness puts the relay next to the battery box so it's practicaly in a water proof location plus the prong end of the relay is pointing downward so there's even less chance of water getting into the relay.

Larry