IGNORED

shipping my bike to Florida

kj1961

I am from BC Canada,my brother and I want to ship our bikes to Orlando Florida and ride home,can anyone help me with where I could ship to that would be close to the Orlando airport,and be left for about a week?Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well maybe someone from the Florida area could even take your bikes in for care for a week until you get there. Sounds really nice. Hope it all works out for you.

Eat some alligator before you leave Florida. And the shrimp down that way is usually really good and fresh.

If you want to ship your bikes to me here in Kentucky. I will arrange things at a local place for unloading and store the bikes in my garage until you get here. I used to work in the transportation/shipping/receiving department for two local business. I was a shipping/receiving manager.

Just put the keys in the bikes somewhere and I will find them. I will drive the 1 1/2 hour to come pick you up at the airport in Lexington,Ky. Or would be closer to fly into the new airport at Morehead,Ky only 20 minutes from me.

You could spend the night in a local hotel in Morehead,Ky, I will also get the phone numbers for you. Or you can bring along tents and camp out in my very large back yard.

That goes for anyone whom would like to do this.

Such a good idea, but I would say that would be very expensive to ship a bike.

Just wondering, do have to put the bikes in a crate ?

Fuzzy

PS; Remember that my bike is parked in the garage awaiting tires. So to say that your bikes would maybe have a fair chance of having a few extra mile on them would be correct. :whistling: :whistling:

Edited by FuzzyRSTD

One of the perks of being a member of the American Motorcyclist Association is that they have shippers who will give you a discount as a member and they advertize in the club magazine.I don't know but will bet that the Canadian equilvilant does the same.(Shameless plug) I have been a member for 13 years and found it very worthwhile and in my opinion if you ride you should suport your national organization that works to defend your right to ride.

Most any will ship them right to their agent in orlando and store them for you. I haver a friend who works for a company that is associated with Allied van lines and they are the largest shipper of motorcycles in the world. Call and talk to Jackie Taylor at 3096944300. Tell her what you need and she will fix you right up.