IGNORED

Trailering a RSV

KDFranzen

I know I saw something somewhere on here about trailering a RSV. Damned if I can find it though. After 3-1/2 months, my bike may finally be fixed after I got hit. Still can't ride due to my injuries, so she needs to be trailerd home. I haven't done this before, so I'm not quite sure if I need to do anything special to the bike. Any advice would be helpful. I am planning on using a U-HAUL motorcycle trailer if that helps with the comments. Thanks.

Kevin

Hauled my bike last two years to gatlinburg. get youself two sets of toe straps. they are about two ft long with loops on each end. Get yourself 4 ratchet straps.[must be ratchets, not pull staps]. there is a very narrow opening under the fairing to run the loop strapon each side of the shock. hook the ratchet strap to the loop and moove to the other side and do same thing. do the same thing on the rear . If you have crash bars around your bags, hook to the front bars. If you dont have crash bars Im not sure. Please tighten all little at a time to keep the bike from leaning one way or the other. If you are using a trailer without a chalk. run your bike against the front of trailer and kill the motor. then tie down. hope that helps you.

Kevin, If you need me to or want me to I can ride it home for you. I would ride to your palce and then you can take me up to pick it up and I would ride it home for ya. This way I could also let you know if it seems to be fixed correctly. My cell is in my profile if you would like me to do that. I can do it any day next week as long as it is not raining.

Rick

I've trailered my 05 rsv many miles. Tie down the front like dunsonaventure said except there is no need to tie down the rear. The bike is so heavy the rear isn't going anywhere and besides there is no way to tie it down that would hold.

This is how I trailer my just. Just finished a 1000 trip, 500 miles to Chicago, No problem on a trailer. I am disabiled and can no longer ride for LONG periods of time so I trailer the bike then ride. It is better to trailer my bike than not ride at all..........

Cb

Thanks everyone for your help. I did get a call last Friday afternoon that the bike was FINALLY done. Having never trailered it, I was a little nervous but got it home without any issues. Again I thank you all for the advice and pics of how you haul yours. And the offer to ride it home for me.