IGNORED

wheres the progressive spring thread?

hey everybody! trying to get ahold of skydoc, to see if he has some progressives. where is the install with photos? also, has anyone removed anti-dives with this install? how about some pics please........i said please......thanks a bunch, this forum is PRICELESS!

Go to the First Gen Tech Library under Suspension, Tires, etc. There is a step by step process with photos. Just did my '84 with Progressives and it is a world of difference!!

I replaced the springs in both my 84 & 86 VR and it was pretty easy the hard part was no store near me carried the 17mm allen socket that is needed so I had to order one, if you need it I can ship it to you because they are not cheap.

I used a bolt and a couple of nuts locked together . . . :cool10:

Snap-on tools sells a small 17 mm Allen socket for 23$ it does the job very well. I left the ainti dives on just for the looks as my bike is in original (collector) condition but yes Skydoc-17 does sell the kits for removing the anti dives. I will tell you right now you are goinf to love it with or without the anti dives

I changed out to the Progressives several years ago. Huge difference! I had removed the brake lines to the anti-dives at the same time.

When skydoc_17 came out with the block off plates I pulled the anti-dives and installed the plates. Sure cleans up the forks so I had to polish the lower tubes to keep everything shiny.

I've had the Venoms on since I first bought the bike. Bought a new set this last spring to have on hand for when they started to look bad. Still waiting. I've got over 22,200 on them now and looks like I'll finish the season on them. So far they have done very well. Can't grumble about the miles and the bike handles great wet or dry roads. I've seen a LOT of wet this year.

You're headed for a great combination.

Mike