IGNORED

Now I know why BMW service is sooo expensive!

OldBear

So, Saturday I decided to take my 01 BMW F650 GS Dakar out for a ride. Great bike and a lot of fun. The battery'd been fading for the past few months and everytime I'd start out it would "drag" a little and then light off. Well, Saturday I found I'd waited too long-no cranking. That's OK, 'cause it was my own fault for waiting too long. Anyway, got the new battery today and went to change 'em out. Never done that on this bike in the three years I've owned it. Get the manual out. OK, let's see, unlock trunk bracket and remove trunk, unlock and remove tailpiece, remove seat, remove right front TURN SIGNAL(?) (4 bolts), remove right side trim (5 bolts), remove center trim piece (2 bolts) and voila, there's the battery! What the ?? Must be getting old, 'cause I remember doing a ring job on an H2 750 Kawasaki and only having to pull 18 bolts to drop the exhaust and pull the Heads and Cylinders!! It's like the little elves in the black forest hung the battery on piano wire and then built the bike around it. No wonder BMW service is so pricey:whistling:

Guest tx2sturgis
It's like the little elves in the black forest hung the battery on piano wire and then built the bike around it.

I wanna see this done on youtube!

Animation, Claymation, CGI, whatever....it just BEGS to be put into virtual reality.

:happy34:

Ever try changing the air filter in a GL1800?:(

No Kidding! It's a half day job! Makes me want to believe the people who think engineers design things in such a way that routine maintenance items are better performed by dealers. I heard (but didn't confirm) that an air filter change on the GL1800 costs in the neighborhood of $400.

:mo money: