IGNORED

HD Licence plate light bar, Installed

I have the same on my bikes. I did have a situation where the weight of the light bar ended up breaking the tabs off of the original tail light. What I did to fix was have the original tabs welded again. I then fashioned another bar that was about twice the thickness of the original and shaped like the original tabs that I used like a big oblong washer and mounted that between the original and the light bar to help with the support.

I have had no problems since.

Oh, did I say I love the lights.

AND they look good on your bike too.

• 3 weeks later...

I wired mine to running and brake lights. They do not have a ground wire and you will need to ground the body. I also hate cutting into the factory wiring or using splices so I soldered the end to a short wire, about 3" long and heat shrinked it with a male bullet connector on one end and a female on the other, unplug the factory wiring and simply plug it into each side. The bright light is the breaks, dim side running and run a ground to from the tail light plug to the frame of the light that you bolted to the license plate holder.

If you don't ground the body your running lights will work and when you hit the breaks they will go off. . .picture.php?albumid=957&pictureid=5990