IGNORED

What gage wire and fuse should I use ?

GolfVenture

For both, 14 or 16 gauge should be fine, lean towards the 14 gauge for the air horns but 16 should be OK. 10 amp fuses should serve you well. for the lights, 55 watts x 2 lights is 110 watts divided by 12 volts is less than 10 amps. If youm want a little more for surges then go with a 15 amp fuse but 10 amps should be fine. For both start out with 10 amps and if you find yourself replacing fuses then go to a higher value...

Lot of info can be found on web, "awg vs amps". Involves type of wire, lenght of wire, type of insulation, if wrapped in bundle, etc.

I usually round out as follows for my personel wiring, and within reason, try to double needed amp rating.

22awg=5amps

20awg=10amps

18awg=15amps

16awg=20amps

14awg=30amps

12awg=40amps

10awg=50amps

As bongobobny stated, 2-55w lights would require about 10 amps ([2x55w]/12v=9.17a), double this requirement, I would chose 16awg good for 20amps.

Your plan looks good to me with one expection and that being the fuse size for the horns. With the Stebel horns I've found that a 15 amp fuse is borderline and will blow from power surges thus I provide a 20 amp in my wiring harness I sell. Now the Stebels may draw more current then the horns you'll be using but with 4 of them in your plans it may balance out the same. No matter try the 15 amp fuse and if that blows just bump up to the 20 amp and you'll be good to go.

Larry