IGNORED

Here is my modified turn signal flasher

bkuhr

see attached pdf

I provided link for radio shack relay, but is in fact not the one I used- and not sure where I got the one I used but the one I used is rated 12vdc 10a, and radio shack link I provided is 12vdc 1a. Not strong enough contact rating for incandescent bulbs, as all power goes thru this relay contact as well as the ep29 flasher which is rated for 20a. any spdt 12v relay will work if contacts rated at least 10a.

I also need to rethink the resistor option, as upon review I propose placing it direct from ep29 to ground, and this would continusly provide the .02a sense current for the ep29, causing the ep29 to flash all the time, although the turns would not flash as they are open at the turn switch. Unnecessary wear on the ep29. I suspect a resistor would not even be required in any pratical install, but if it was required, the value would have to be experimented with at an amount greater than 600 ohms, so that the load of the actual turns plus the value of the resistor would cause .02a load, but the resistor buy itself(turns off) would create less than .02a load (higher resistance). As example: a 1K(1000)ohm resistor would provide a .012a load,and if the turn lights provided at least .008a load, then all would be fine for the ep29, and the resistor would consume .14w, so a 1/4w resistor would work fine with safety margin.

60880.pdf

Edited by Freebird
rethunk

Thanks for the write up. While I have not had a problem with the VR, I have had problems with some sportbikes when I switch to the Eurotail light modifier. They delete the factory turn signals and allow the the two brake lights to act as the blinkers.

Never felt I had enough resistance with the rear leds to let it work right. Something like this could maybe solve that problem?

Now I just need to get my FZ1 back and try it.

• 5 years later...