IGNORED

Utah biker saved by crowd

XV1100SE

Another wives tale, you do not "speed up" when you lay a bike down, you slow down slower.:big-grin-emoticon:

BOO

Absolutely correct! Ask anyone who has road raced a bike. A sliding bike travels a heck of a lot further sliding on its side than while braking upright. Rubber has more traction than metal.

Andy

I thought the police officer was a bit "distracted" and not really much help in the rescue.

It looks like he was going to direct traffic...but then came back to help lift the car...but couldn't really get near it for all the people that already had it up!

Once the victim was pulled out from under...it doesn't look like he "attended" to him right away.

But as was said in a previous post...you have to give follks the benifit of the doubt.

We weren't there.

I think I picked up the Mercedes off a news report, but OK BMW if it makes any difference.... All those german cars look the same.

It doesn't make any difference - I was just harassing you :stirthepot:. That and others were 'nit-picking' about the video so I thought I might too. :rasberry:

I do not mean to make light of the situation, it is absolutely terrible that this crash occurred REGARDLESS of who is at fault. The fact that the motorcyclist is doing as well as he is, well, that is really something!

For the record it is extraordinarily dangerous to move anyone that has been in a wreck without ensuring proper alignment of the head/spinal chord. I am not going to critique the actions of the folks in this video because I do not know all of the facts and we could play the 'what if' game forever.

[quote=LilBeaver;623579

For the record it is extraordinarily dangerous to move anyone that has been in a wreck without ensuring proper alignment of the head/spinal chord. I am not going to critique the actions of the folks in this video because I do not know all of the facts and we could play the 'what if' game forever.

In this case I think the bystanders did the right thing for this rider, it was a choice of get him outta there or watch him burn alive.

In this case I think the bystanders did the right thing for this rider, it was a choice of get him outta there or watch him burn alive.

I tend to agree with that, but still -- all of the training I have been through I cringed when I saw him being dragged out by his leg. Again, not knowing all of the facts and whatnot, it is hard to say one way or the other.

Again, regardless, I am glad that he is doing reasonably well and that people didn't stand by and do nothing. Good to know that there are actually some decent people still out there.

I tend to agree with that, but still -- all of the training I have been through I cringed when I saw him being dragged out by his leg. Again, not knowing all of the facts and whatnot, it is hard to say one way or the other.

Again, regardless, I am glad that he is doing reasonably well and that people didn't stand by and do nothing. Good to know that there are actually some decent people still out there.

I thought the same thing but I would have grabbed the foot and pulled!! Then thrown the Suit under there to keep the car from falling!!

Ok, we have a possible replacement, for last winters "why thread". :duck:

Yup, best to get the guy out, by whatever method, before getting burnt. :thumbsup2: