IGNORED

Kickstand adjustment

Has anyone had to adjust the length of their kickstand due to lowering their bike. Mine is going in tonight to be lowered 1 inch and I was wondering if I would have to shorten the ks to make sure the correct lean angle was maintained. Sure would hate to lay this thing over.

Has anyone had to adjust the length of their kickstand due to lowering their bike. Mine is going in tonight to be lowered 1 inch and I was wondering if I would have to shorten the ks to make sure the correct lean angle was maintained. Sure would hate to lay this thing over.

Check it first, but I think you're gonna have to get out the hacksaw.... I'm thinking this is your Venture and not the Honda... I think I'd pick up a used one off Ebay to experiment on....

I lowered mine about three months ago. I picked my spots to park until I had enough. I also had to lean past center to put it down or put it up. What a pain in the a--. Last week I bought a kick stand from Pinwall on EBay.

I cut mine off just above the shoe or whatever it's called.(at the very bottom plate) That way there isn't excess pressure and no chance of it breaking away from home. I welded the shoe back on so I wouldn't have to worry about it sinking in soft ground.

I lowered my bile 11/2", I cut the same amount out of the KS.

It is worth it, should have done it three months ago.

Richard.

ps-- To get the bolt out that holds the kick stand, you have to drop the floorboard. The shifting rod is in the way.

Buy a royal star kick stand. Re-drill the hole in the new kickstand to match the venture bolt. Sorry, don't remember the size. The RS stand is just about right for my '08 low rider which is lowered 1" front and rear. The kick stand will work fine with the kill switch and all...

:happy34: