IGNORED

Midnight sold

buddy

Well to my dislike I sold Midnight last Month was not to my liking but due to my knees the bike was too top heavy and dropped it several times with Peg on board no damage was done to Midnight or Peg.....

Peg and I talked it over one evening and either one of us wanted to sell Midnight but since I was having so much trouble backing out of the garage - parking lots and setting at red lights it got to where I was not comfortable riding Midnight

after selling Midnight I bought a 99 V-Star 650 for riding to work light weight and good balance and figured I would save the money left over from the sale and buy another Touring bike in a few yrs that has a better balance?

Well my best friend from work told me about a bike he saw at Honda shop the other day and said it was in pretty good shape and had a heck of a deal $ so Peg & I went over to check it out being its a touring bike?

Well I looked the bike over not bad shape for a 2000 model but boy was this thing big Wow but when I set on it I could not believe how well balanced it was just like the Gold wing GL1800 Wow nothing like the Midnight - top heavy

we took it for a ride and I really liked the smooth ride and power it put out and balance at slow speeds needless to say I ended up buying it with the money left over - no payments a plus too -and rode it home so far I had no trouble getting in - out of the garage - parking lots or red lights I read folks saying it was heavy but to me its nothing after being on the Midnight

Don't get me wrong I loved my midnight very much! and I would still have it to this day if not for being so top heavy

here is my new ride 2000 model Honda Valkyrie Interstate

Nice bike. I have riden my uncle's Valk and was looking for a good low mileage one when I found the Venture. I felt alot more comfortable managing the valk but the venture to me is a more comfortable bike. I'm 5'6" with a 29" inseam but I do well with the Venture.:thumbsup:

Congratulations!!! Those are awesome bikes and I was strongly considering getting a Valk Tourer when I bought my RSV. They're just very scarce around these parts. Now with a little hard work and some ingenuity you can make it look like this one.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b303/elmicko2002/utf-8BSU1HMDAyNjItMjAxMTA1MDMtMTQ1Ny5qcGc.jpg

Guest scarylarry

If and when the time comes for bike due to health reasons, I'm going with the Can Am they are great riding 3 wheelers handles like a sports car quite few safety features like if the one side comes up to much in a curve they throttle down automatic...

Also has some great power too..

Guest tx2sturgis

The Valkyrie Interstate was on my short list back in 2007, but somewhere around that time (mid 2000's) they had ceased making them....

Its a good looking scoot. All proper motorcycles are black. Or black and chrome. Or black and red with chrome.

Enjoy!

Best of both Worlds.......

Peg prefer the Wing seats and ride over the Venture

I loved the Wing ride but prefer the Venture design

we took it out again today for lunch and needless to say we both love the ride this Valkyrie puts out!!

Valkyrie has the Venture design yet it has the Wing ride and handling ! awesome motorcycle

I did some reading not knowing if its true or not? I read the man who designed the Valkyrie and pushed the production passed away and the Gold wing was loosing their sales to the Valkyrie so Honda killed the Valkyrie line - biggest mistake from my point of view

If Honda kept the Valkyrie line going it be the best selling motorcycle to date.....

Just imagine what would happen if the Valkyrie line came back today?

Just wish the Venture wasn't so top heavy..

makes me kinda wonder if and when they do come out with a new Venture say with 1800 motor how top heavy will that be? same or maybe worse?? we may never know?

Buddy

I got the same info from our local Honda dealership here.

They felt with the boom in the cruiser market lately, they would not be able to keep the Valk's in stock. It's the bagged cruisers with removable trunks that are taking over for a bit now.

I personally feel that Yamaha could win win with a water cooled BIG twin, fuel injected with hard bags, fairing and optional removeable trunk so a passenger backrest could be added.