IGNORED

Put the hitch on today.... Wooo snake ,,,,

Finally got to put my hitch on. I still will have to get me a couple of those chrome acorn head-nuts for the chrome bolts through the fender trim. I am going to also put some black silicone around the rear mud guard, where I cut it to install the hitch. But I think I will wait until I get done with the flag mount I am going to make for the hitch.

I am thinking of using the flag mount hitch idea I got from someone here. I will get me a coupling stinger to go from the small size to the 2" size and also put an extra brake light into the end of the receiver from Wall-Mart ($12.00). I will mount my flag to the top of this and still have an open and easy to see brake light.

I also designed those mud guards on my bike, and a good friend whom works with leather saddles and so on made them for me out of 1/4 inch thick leather. Just in case some one is wondering from the pictures. You see, I am following the rules...

Fuzzy

PS; Also included in these pictures is one of the copperhead snakes that myself and the rest of the mowing tractor crew (State Hwy Dept.) have killed this year. We have killed 4 so far. All of them from out on St Hwy 801 next to the Cave Run Lake area. If you visit this area, be very couscous around the ditch lines on the roadways. This is one of the mid size ones. There was one that was bigger than this one. We killed this one while slope mowing last week.

Edited by FuzzyRSTD

Guest tx2sturgis
am going to also put some black silicone around the rear mud guard, where I cut it to install the hitch.

I'd be shaping a little piece of square polished aluminum or chrome trim around that hitch receiver where it contacts the mudguard...like the escutcheon plate on fixtures that come out of a wall...that looks too purdy to silly-cone! At least it would hide the glue...

I'd be shaping a little piece of square polished aluminum or chrome trim around that hitch receiver where it contacts the mudguard...like the escutcheon plate on fixtures that come out of a wall...that looks too purdy to silly-cone! At least it would hide the glue...

Yes, a great idea. I will check into that. Thanks....

Fuzzy

When I purchased my bike from another member it already had a hitch installed. So I made a hitch rack 10"x24" Came out real nice. I could probabaly make them a turn a small profit. Any how on a recent 1600 mile trip up thru Canada I use it to carry about 50 pounds of stuff. WOW what a bear a slow speeds. I found if I keep the weight around 25 pounds I'm ok but any higher the front end get pretty shaky at slow speeds.

Edited by ken

Just curious as to why you cut a hole in the mud flap? I didn't and just mounted it to the back of the hitch. Seems to me that it helps protect the hitch from debris as well. :confused24:

I already had the mud guards installed back in 2008. The mud guards are attached with rib-bits underneath the fender trim. I also saw that V7Goose had his done this way and I liked it. You really do not notice it that much. Not a bad idea to attach them to the cross bar of the hitch though.

Fuzzy

I already had the mud guards installed back in 2008. The mud guards are attached with rib-bits underneath the fender trim. I also saw that V7Goose had his done this way and I liked it. You really do not notice it that much. Not a bad idea to attach them to the cross bar of the hitch though.

Fuzzy

Ok, cool. It looks good, I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss something and have mine wrong. :)

And to prove I have been paying attention around here....I have attached a pic of mine...:whistling:

Ok, cool. It looks good, I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss something and have mine wrong. :)

And to prove I have been paying attention around here....I have attached a pic of mine...:whistling:

Nice, I like that. How did you attach the mud guard to the cross bar ?

Fuzzy

Good pics of the baby Copperhead. I killed a 53 inch one on my place.

Yammer, the biggest copperhead that I have ever saw around here was 36" long. We killed it last year. I would like to see that 53" if you got pictures. That is a monster.

Fuzzy

It has two tabs welded on the top of the crossbar to attach the flap too. I did have to punch holes in the flap, but, it worked out good.:big-grin-emoticon:

This is a good idea. This would be the best way to attach a mudguard to the rear whether you had a hitch or not. Just take out the four bolts and remove the rear cross bar and weld a couple flat tabs to it to mount your mud guard. I wish that I would have thought of that before I went through the trouble of attaching mine. I did not want to drill holes in my fender either. You should post that wonderful idea with your picture for everyone.

Fuzzy

:)

This is a good idea. This would be the best way to attach a mudguard to the rear whether you had a hitch or not. Just take out the four bolts and remove the rear cross bar and weld a couple flat tabs to it to mount your mud guard. I wish that I would have thought of that before I went through the trouble of attaching mine. I did not want to drill holes in my fender either. You should post that wonderful idea with your picture for everyone.

Fuzzy

I'll have to work on that...gotta take it off to get a picture though so might be a bit. Heading out camping this weekend.