MartyRobin

Hello: We have found using an inexpensive 30 liter "Dry Bag", works well for us. We pack it, force the air out and use a spider web type bungee to secure it to the top of the rack. Easy to haul, carry and completely waterproof. Popular with the canoe,Kayak and rafting crews. Available at Sierra Trading post, Cabela's etc. approx. $25. Hope this helps?

Guest tx2sturgis

I bought one of these...its actually made for the goldthing but it fits on the RSV luggage rack just fine. I cinched up the hook cords inside the bag to fit the slightly narrower rack on the RSV.

EDIT: ( I just noticed that you arent riding a 2nd gen...)

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Kuryakyn-4162-Convertible-Luggage-Protective/dp/B000GZQJJK/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1313889021&sr=8-6]Amazon.com: Kuryakyn 4162 Deluxe Convertible Black Luggage Rack Bag with Protective Cover: Automotive@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31WX8D0CCHL.@@AMEPARAM@@31WX8D0CCHL[/ame]

I make sure to bungee it down, not relying soley on the built in hooks. You can find other pictures of it if you google it, but one thing I like is that there are 2 forward facing pockets that let the passenger reach back for sunscreen, water bottles, sunglasses, or what-have-you stored in those pockets. It has a builtin rain cover which I have not needed, as the top zipper has a flap that lays down over the zipper and is held with velcro.

It will hold liteweight bulky items like clothing or raingear, but I would not carry cameras or laptops in it. If I roll my jeans up tightly and pack it full of shirts and other civies, I can pack more than a weeks worth of clothing in there.

http://wingstuff.com/magick_image.php?path=pgroups%2F2351_image1.gif&scale=350%3E

Edited by tx2sturgis

EDIT: ( I just noticed that you arent riding a 2nd gen...

He might want to look into that one anyway. I have a Second Gen but use the VentureLine bag I got years ago for my '85 RSV. It works great, and with the exception of the external pockets it looks almost identical to the one in your pics. Mine uses multiple snap tabs, which are starting to break after all these years, to hold it to the trunk rack. I'm trying to talk my wife into changing them to velcro, but have had no luck so far. I'll probably be looking into one of those myself. (Thanks Brian.)

Guest tx2sturgis
I'll probably be looking into one of those myself. (Thanks Brian.)

You bet....it works for me.

When I saw that Amazon was looking for its first review of that bag...well...I couldn't resist...

• 10 months later...

I have a Bestem LGYA VNTUR TRB which translates to " Bestem large Yamaha Venture trunk bag" that you can google and find on the internet. I bought mine off e-bay for around $40. I do like it for the various compartments it has and storage capacity. It has a rain cover to go with it. Works good on my trunk rack.