IGNORED

The economy MUST be getting better

1BigDog

Just looked in the classifieds at the 2nd gen page and seen that 10 of the listings have been sold recently. Was there some stimulus offering that I have missed? Or did someone here hit it big in Lotto?

Same thing on the 1stGen side. A few may have sold, but I think what's happening is when they receive their email notices to renew or mark sold, they are not getting nibbles... and have decided to keep it, and picked the sold option.... :confused07:

The fact is, they can't be renewed at this time. I posted recently that I was having some problems with ads getting marked sold for no apparent reason. For that reason, the classifieds have been moved to the forum and I have asked that everybody move their ads here. I have created an entire new section just for that purpose.

One note though. The disadvantage of moving them to the forum is that there will no longer be an option to renew an ad. That feature is just not possible to implement at this time. It will be up to the sellers to re-post their ads once they expire. Expiration is set at 60 days except for our member vendors who have multiple items.

In the near future, I will be completely removing the old classified section. I am just giving people time to post their items in the new forum area.

At least one of them sold due to stimulus and Lotto. When that idiot caused my bike to be totaled, it stimulated me to lock for a replacement, and the amount that the insurance paid me was like hitting the lotto that allowed me to move forward a couple of years.

When I Had some ads up before, If I did not renew it via the link sent to me email (because I didn't have access or forgot), it appears it just marked it sold by default. Thats likley whats happening with the bikes if they did not renew. I could still either renew via the link although time was up and the status would change or manually edit it back . I really liked the classified set up with the Buy It Now link in the ad. Two of the three items I sold recently were via the Buy it Now link, and that automatically marked it Sold as well, convenient too. It seemed to work real nice for me. Used the money for Cody and Vogel raffle tickets. Sorry to see that format for the classifieds going away. Thanks for the hard work and providing it though.

Derrek

RSTDdog