IGNORED

NGK junk..read this

jasonm.

Hi Guys, I have had my Venture Royale since 1989. Done all the maint myself...everything. I have been an electronics tech for 30+ years. Last year I replaced spark plugs, spark plug caps with all NGK, along with new 7mm hypolon copper wires. I had always used NGK spark plugs since the begining. In fact I only changed spark plugs every 20k miles or so. They were that good, and my bike tuned that well. This year I have been having "misfire" issues at idle. I finally checked the spark plug caps , wires and spark plugs. 3 spark plug caps measured OPEN(should be 5k ohms) on my digital meter and cleaned all spark plugs...3 spark plugs also open. I use non-resistor type which should read almost zero ohms. I suspect These items are NOT made in Japan or they have changed their construction of these items. These above items only had 3k miles on them. Now I have the OEM parts back in. NGK...Junk I say. Don't get stuck like me.

Edited by jasonm.

DP8EA9 non-resistor....should never be an OPEN circuit! It's supposed to be a solid core design. And the caps good for a few thousand miles then junk. I broke them open to find a BLACK coating on the inside between the spring and stud assembly. That is if you have broken one open you'd understand. That black ain't supposed to be there. Also had a resistor plug go bad purchased at the same time DPR8EA9. I am saying things are not made the same like I have had for the past 35 years from NGK. I think China has been making these with recycled lead. I just put iridium NGK plugs in the car 4 months ago...here we go again...:fingers-crossed-emo

DP8EA9 non-resistor....should never be an OPEN circuit! It's supposed to be a solid core design. And the caps good for a few thousand miles then junk. I broke them open to find a BLACK coating on the inside between the spring and stud assembly. That is if you have broken one open you'd understand. That black ain't supposed to be there. Also had a resistor plug go bad purchased at the same time DPR8EA9. I am saying things are not made the same like I have had for the past 35 years from NGK. I think China has been making these with recycled lead. I just put iridium NGK plugs in the car 4 months ago...here we go again...:fingers-crossed-emo

Hummm, maybe that explains why no matter what I do mine seems to not run exactly like I think it should. I am going to swicth brands just to see. It's only 8 bucks and who knows what may happen

Now I have the OEM parts back in. NGK...Junk I say. Don't get stuck like me.

Did you buy new OEM Parts, or did you put your old OEM parts back in?

What are you running for plugs now?

I don't remember the last time I replaced a bad spark plug, dirty or worn maybe but not failed. Your failure seems odd.

I would send all the parts to NGK, tell them the application your using it on and get their take. If anything they will send you replacements no charge for PR I bet and tell you why they think it failed.

Running NGK plugs and Wire set in my Miata, No problem. NGK in my Yamaha outboard. No issues with the NGK in my bike. The pre Gap is always spot on on every plug. Used to run the NGK Gapless cross over for Evinrude with no issues.

Sorry your having issues, hope you figure it out.

RSTDdog