IGNORED

LED On/Off Switch Suggestions

The wife bought me three 18" red LED light strips to mount on the RSV, which I'll probably mount under the tank rim so that they will light up the chrome in the engine area. Just not sure about what kind of on/off switch to get or the best place to mount it.

Any suggestions?

I suggest water proof rocker switch or rubber coated toggle switch.:doh:

I have a Ponch gauge cluster in my dash instead of the cassette player and that is where I mounted mine.

BTW I also have quick disconnects on the leads to the lights to make taking the tank off a lot easier. :whistling:

Just a thought.

http://www.customdynamics.com/installationkit.htm

Here ya go Bobby. My set-up came with waterproof rocker switches already, which Bubber referred to. The lock connectors in the kit work great too. Made wiring the bike much easier.

I have my rocker switch double sided taped to the underside left side of the seat area, on that plastic shield, just within hand reach range. Kinda looks like im scratching my butt but it works for me. :smile5:

I put mine behind my seat on the left side. There's a piece of black filler there with plenty of room and your right next to the battery. I also have a couple of switches in the inner fairing. You'll have to drill a couple of holes to do that.

Put mine in the same spot.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the lights on and the switch mounted right where you did, in that little hole that's plugged for an add-on 12v adapter just behind the seat on the left. Perfect place for it. Was easy once I figured out how not to electrocute myself! Did a fast and dirty installation that I'll clean up a little with quick disconnect's and a better waterproof switch down the road, but for now, it really looks great.