IGNORED

Ignitech programmable TCI-plug & play group purchase definately happening

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i cut off the plug off the original harness that plugs into the original CDI so i could hard wire it for troubleshooting, so i just need a pic of the connection between the original and the ignitech CDI there are a few pics on the site but not detailed enough.

i cut off the plug off the original harness that plugs into the original CDI so i could hard wire it for troubleshooting, so i just need a pic of the connection between the original and the ignitech CDI there are a few pics on the site but not detailed enough.

Thread below has detailed wiring schematics in it.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42384

I also attached a PDF of TCI specific wiring. Look at lower half of page for your bike, which is a 4 pickup coil system.

Then at some point read this thread. It helps.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=58880

Gary

just like this but i need to see both sides of the connectors so i can see the wiring

Here are a couple of pictures of the wiring harness side connector for a 4 pickup coil bike. Not sure what year these are from though, but I think they were 86~89 range.

Gary

fired right up! thanks again, does anyone have a tweekt program file that works great on the ignitech CDI that uses the stock boost sensor the "new version" that i just hooked up? All the ones I have seen are for the No boost sensor or the one with the GM sensor.

BTW I have an 86 venture. thanks for the info on changing that.

Will there be another group buy?:fingers-crossed-emo

I may see if there is enough interest after holidays are over. Would be completed while riding season is hibernating for us northerners.

I need to get another one for the project bike. I have had several people say they were interested.

I have found a 1/2 bar sensor that is much more compact than previous ones I got. Since it is a 1/2 bar, the response would be better than the 1 bar GM sensor.

Gary

I may see if there is enough interest after holidays are over. Would be completed while riding season is hibernating for us northerners.

I need to get another one for the project bike. I have had several people say they were interested.

I have found a 1/2 bar sensor that is much more compact than previous ones I got. Since it is a 1/2 bar, the response would be better than the 1 bar GM sensor.

Gary

Sorry to hear that. I was trying to get on the road within the next 2-3 weeks. I just got the bike and haven't ridden in a while and wanted to get in some riding in before I attempt Daytona in March.:)

Sorry to hear that. I was trying to get on the road within the next 2-3 weeks. I just got the bike and haven't ridden in a while and wanted to get in some riding in before I attempt Daytona in March.:)

You can order an ignitech direct from the company yourself. As long as you've read this thread, everything you need to know is here.

...I have found a 1/2 bar sensor that is much more compact than previous ones I got. Since it is a 1/2 bar, the response would be better than the 1 bar GM sensor.

Gary

Would that work better on the ones you sent out last group buy? Just wondering, as mine still has the occasional 4000 rpm cut-out and I am still trying to fix it.

-Andrew