IGNORED

Little trip

orbie

Well, the wife and I just got back from a nice trip. We left NJ on Monday morning and went up along the Delaware river into Port Jervis, NY. then up 209 to around kingston and up 9w (depressing) and some other back roads and stayed just north of Saratoga Springs. Next day it was doing some sighting in the area and then up to Vermont and then south through the Green Mountains and into the Berkshires of MA. Then back to NY for the night and then home to South Jersey. Nice trip. It only rained 4 or 5 times. Mostly on top of the mountains.

I did part of that ride when I went up to New Hampshire from Maryland a few years back. I loved the Delaware Water Gap and Hudson river valley. Orbie, you mentioned that 9W was depressing. I crossed the Kingston-Rhinecliff bridge over the Hudson at sun rise - spectacular. I went up Rt 9 on the east side of the river up to 23 and into Massachusetts, mostly farmland - very nice. I caught some rain in the White Mountains but who cares, the scenery was awesome. Need to do it again.