IGNORED

front bounces on cloverleaf

I have a slight front end bounce when I go around a clover leaf. I checked the air pressure, drained the oil and made sure and replaced the oil making sure the same was in both tubes. I saw something about the rear shock could be bad. Any other ideas.

you probably have another 100,000 miles in that engine according to what Ive seen with these things they just go one forever.

If you check in classifieds in here i think Skydoc is selling various things to help us keep our old bikes on the road, i am pretty sure he handles progressives. MiCarl is another memeber that runs a bike repair shop that could probably help you get parts and he is in Michigan if your close to there.

brian

my guess is standard springs. I just picked up the bike the 4th of july. Also it has 116,000 miles. But it runs great.

Replace the springs and the fork oil, if they are the original springs they are shot at 116K. I just installed a set of Progressives on an '86 I have and it firmed up the front end very well. Use 10 weigtht fork oil and you'll be in good shape

:2cents:

Replace the springs and the fork oil, if they are the original springs they are shot at 116K. I just installed a set of Progressives on an '86 I have and it firmed up the front end very well. Use 10 weigtht fork oil and you'll be in good shape

:2cents:

10-4 on the springs and 10awg fork oil. My '85 scared the water out of me doing the pogo bounce on a high speed ramp exiting onto I-35S. I installed Progressives and filled to 6" below the top with the forks collapsed. The difference was amazing. This past November I was dragging hard parts in Texas Hill Country, riding double! Normally I have 0 psi in the forks, however, I added 6 lbs to get a little more ground clearance

:stickinouttounge: