IGNORED

Does anyone have an ecopy of the 86 VR user manual?

rstacy

Hey all,

I think what he is looking for is the manual that comes with the bike. Not the service manual. Am I right?

Correct! I am just looking for a pdf or electronic version of the owner's manual that comes with the bike.

Yup the manual for my 88 is 172 pages, I was going to scan it but figured I would wait till someone that needed it was willing to come and help.

It took a log time but I finally got mine from ebay when no one with unlimited cash bid on it.

Another idea is to go to http://www.yamahapubs.com/ and just buy a brand new owners manual for your 86, they claim to have it in stock.

I had to do Ebay cuz they do mot have the owners manual for my 88 in stock, even though the only difference is probably the cover.

They do ... $20 "print on demand".

If we have a pdf, we can print our own :)

The $20 print on demand is only for the service manual. The service manuals are already available here in elec format.

The owners manual is a hard copy only.

Nah Jeff ... I just looked. The Service Manual is $90, the Handbook $20.

I was looking at the '86, maybe the others are different.

By the way. Yamaha will also supply these for some bikes, also a print on demand for about $90.

Your right, they changed since I last looked.:whistling: (That's my story and I'm sticking to it)

So much the better, it means that you can buy an owners manual for $20.

At least with my scanner it would take days to scan 170 pages, and then the file might be to big to post.

• 1 month later...
Thanks guys.

I just ordered the $30 (with shipping) print on demand manual.

Ray

The manual came in and I guess it is OK. The quality of the pictures is less than adequate. It looks like a third generation copy. The cover and binding look good.

Ray