IGNORED

Antenna's

steamer

Does anyone have a set of stock (new style) antenna's, they would like to part with? My new trike has the CB antanna missing and the radio antenna is broke. I know I can install fireflys. but I like the new style folding whips.

Does anyone have a set of stock (new style) antenna's, they would like to part with? My new trike has the CB antanna missing and the radio antenna is broke. I know I can install fireflys. but I like the new style folding whips.

I just installed a set of new styles on my '99. I do like those spring loaded folders... :thumbsup2: Nothing wrong with the old ones, just wanted a different look.

I just installed a set of new styles on my '99. I do like those spring loaded folders... :thumbsup2: Nothing wrong with the old ones, just wanted a different look.

Please define new set. Yamaha's or after market? Where did you get them? and how much did they cost? do you have pic's?

Please define new set. Yamaha's or after market? Where did you get them? and how much did they cost? do you have pic's?

Yamaha OEM new styles. I can't remember where I picked them up... It might have been from a member here, or Ebay?? I've seen others listed on Ebay that I'd toss in the dumpster, but these were very nice. They came complete with the brackets off an '09RSV. As far as pics go, look at any late model RSV and you'll see them.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/$(KGrHqEOKjcE31vVndmnBOE614(+Jw~~_3.JPG

Replaceing the CB antenna is easy. It has a short co-ax that plugs into the CB under the trunk. You wil need to remove the trunk to get to it, but it's not that big of a deal. The FM antenna is the one that if it comes complete with the 5'-6' co-ax will need to be re-fed to the front of the bike. A PITA. However, if the seller cut the co-ax right just past the bracket like one I received, then with a little patients you can dig the end out of the crimped end fitting. Then cut the old fitting above the crimp and remove the co-ax. I used a high speed dremel and a small grinding tip. The old co-ax end will pop into the new housing, and you're good to go.

Edited by Condor

OK, thats what I have on my "99" 2 wheeler.Thats what I'm looking for for my trike.The one that is still there is the orginal, and it's junk.

Some '99's and 2000's had their antena's replaced under warantee before it ran out. So you'll see a few early years running around with the newer style antenna's...

Broke my radio antenna on my 99. took them both off and crimped on two 3ft black antennas. radio sounds like crap. im so disappointed. ready to scrap it all and go to the 3ft #10 coiled up copper under the trunck mat and see how that sounds. Anyone done that and how successful was it

Broke my radio antenna on my 99. took them both off and crimped on two 3ft black antennas. radio sounds like crap. im so disappointed. ready to scrap it all and go to the 3ft #10 coiled up copper under the trunck mat and see how that sounds. Anyone done that and how successful was it

Do a search here for antanna's, theres a post here about doing that.