IGNORED

2007 RSV Windshield bag and Trunk Rack bag

Midnight

We purchased our 2007 Midnight RSV in August. This is our first touring bike as my wife is enjoying being the passenger. Through the winter months I am shopping for accessories as we are planning some trips for summer 2008.

We need a trunk rack bag that will hold lots and has compartments but at the same time won't be too big that it wont stay in place or overload the trunk lid. Does anyone have any ideas or pics of what has worked. We have seen one on Kuryakyn's website (Rollbag #830-516) That looks interesting. Has anyone used this one?

Also looking for 3 piece windsheild bag that will fit the RSV. I am not sure how easy it would be to fasten it. I remember seeing a posting by one of the members but cant find it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance. JR

i know somebody that makes a great trunk bag , it is bullet proof , i have his trunk bag and the side bag liners , the trunk bag fits prefect inside and has a great way to put it on the rack when you need extra room .

yell at Beer 30 here or pm him , you lov the bags but he is ugly :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot:

thom

Jim,

The best windshield bag I have found (and have used for about 5 years now) is made by J&M. It just slips down between the windshield and dash before you tighten up your windshield screws. And it is not deep enough to where it will cover up your speedometer when it hangs down (like the Hopnel).

The best place to buy it is from Sierra Electronics which is the largest of the J&M distributors.

http://www.sierra-mc.com

Search for HDCH-960 or HDCH-990, where I think the 990 has studs and sells for $85 where the 960 is $51.

Now for a trunk rack bag, it's pretty hard to beat what Yahama sells as a Star accessory. It has 2 expandable pockets and was built for the Star trunk rack. But then again there are also other aternatives.

Hope this helps,

Rick

We need a trunk rack bag that will hold lots and has compartments but at the same time won't be too big that it wont stay in place or overload the trunk lid. Does anyone have any ideas or pics of what has worked.

JR,

Send Beer30 a private email and ask him about making you a trunk bag.

Beer 30 (Gene) and I spoke of the trunk and side "insert bags" this past year at Vogel.

Gene may be able to make you a bag better than what Yamaha could ever sell you........

Also:

Gene is what I will call the "Leather God Father" on this site, and he just may be able to make you a windshield bag too...

Click on his gallery and check out the leather work he has done to his ride...

yell at Beer 30 , youll love the bags ....but he is ugly :rotfl::rotfl: