I've got an 06 RSTD & would like to get some slip-on's for it. I ordered a set from J&P. Bub slip-ons recommended by my Yamaha mechanic, but they are on backorder until maybe September. Any ideas or anybody have some used slip-ons for sale. I want a little noise on my day bike I ride to work.

Thanks, Graderman46 :lightbulb:

I've got a set of the Barons Slash Cut that are in pretty good shape (they are definitely used - some scratches from being on a bike that has been cornered hard and whatnot - nothing you can see while they are on the bike though) that I might consider letting go.

I think they sound terrific but I just prefer the quietness of stock.

Looks like they should fit.

http://www.baronscustom.com/catalog/display/369/index.html?PHPSESSID=266ee47077d0926626fc4809c8862d59

I have the clamps on them and would [obviously] send the nuts and washers and whatnot for mounting (use the stock bolts but need the other stuff).

I thought I had some pictures on my computer but it looks like I don't. When I get home I'll take some pictures and either post them here or send them to you in a message.

I bought and rebuilt a set of Bubbs over the winter, and just installed them yesterday. I did a few things different in the rebuild so hopefully they'll last a little longer than the first time around. By the time I get to Cody they should be broken in properly.... :) I did try to take a video of the bike, but I guess I didn't press the right button on the camera. I'll try again tomorrow. They have a deep throaty rumble and a very slight bark when getting it on.... The sound is great.

:cody

If you haven't bought yet, you could look at the LA Choppers slip-ons. That's what I have, I think Baron's might be the same company as LAC. They look similar to the Rineharts that you find on the HD bikes with the black end caps. I like mine.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f353/KoolKwad400/rstd003.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f353/KoolKwad400/rstd001.jpg

I have a set of Vance and Hines moster oval I would sell. They are Black with crome tips.

They were on my bike for 6 mounths about 2000 mile. My wife didn't like them so I gave in.

I might be interested in these. Do you have pictures? What are you asking?

Thanks, Graderman46 :lightbulb:

Looks like they should fit.

http://www.baronscustom.com/catalog/display/369/index.html?PHPSESSID=266ee47077d0926626fc4809c8862d59

I have the clamps on them and would [obviously] send the nuts and washers and whatnot for mounting (use the stock bolts but need the other stuff).

I thought I had some pictures on my computer but it looks like I don't. When I get home I'll take some pictures and either post them here or send them to you in a message.

When you get home let me know what you want for the pipes. If they are reasonable I would sure like to try them. Are you coming to Cody for the rally? We are leaving next Sunday. Phoneman81 & I are leaving here next Sunday & might have a guy from GA joining us & picking up another guy in Lusk or Douglas. Looking forward to meeting all the Venture riders!!

C Ya, Grankderman46 :lightbulb:

Here are the pictures. The left one has a dent in the top heat shield that cant be seen when installed (under the bag). It also has a little rash on the bottom back chrome tip from backing over a curb the first time I took them out. (again cant see on the bike) new on Ebay are 600 to 650 got these for 400 on an auction they are 750 from a dealer. There is a good vid on youtube under vance and hines monster ovals royal star venture. the price is 200$ and I can get them to Bridgeport on our courier any day next week witch could help with shipping cost.

• 1 month later...

After installing the Baron's slash cuts some of the folks I ride with informed me that they were a little loud. I really couldn't understand them as my hearing still hadn't come back.

That being said I installed stock harley road king cans on my '06 using a mounting kit. They sound great without being too loud and I can use just about any harley muffler to dial in the sound.

Now when I'm motoring along I can hear the radio, but the bike no longer sounds like a 1300cc weed wacker.

Just a suggestion, worked for me but might not work for anyone else.

After installing the Baron's slash cuts some of the folks I ride with informed me that they were a little loud. I really couldn't understand them as my hearing still hadn't come back.

I have a set of the barron slash cuts (or whatever they are called) that I put on occasionally and I personally don't think they are THAT loud. Yes, on long rides I find them mildly annoying, but I have found that I will only have to turn the radio up 2 or 3 numbers higher than 'normal'.

I know we all perceive sound and whatnot differently, but I just figured I would throw that out there.

:confused24:

• 3 months later...
Here are the pictures. The left one has a dent in the top heat shield that cant be seen when installed (under the bag). It also has a little rash on the bottom back chrome tip from backing over a curb the first time I took them out. (again cant see on the bike) new on Ebay are 600 to 650 got these for 400 on an auction they are 750 from a dealer. There is a good vid on youtube under vance and hines monster ovals royal star venture. the price is 200$ and I can get them to Bridgeport on our courier any day next week witch could help with shipping cost.

What kind of rear mounting bracket is that? I bought a set of monster ovals and need something to bolt to the rear.

• 1 month later...

Patrolman .I seen your message about slip on mufflers for RSTD. I recently had a chane to listen to a new set of Monster Ovals on a Venture ,You can go to Youtube and type in Monster Ovals on Yamaha.This will be my next set of pipes. Ride Safe ,Fire601