IGNORED

Going to STAR Days?

Mike G in SC

STAR Touring annual STAR Days is in Madison, WI next week.

Just wondering who from VR forums is going.

Three of us from SC STAR chapters are going, headed out Saturday. About 1000 miles each way.

If it ain't RAINING, we will HEAD up through Clemson, Hwy 28 to the Dragon, spend the night north of there. Sunday morning, more mountain roads through TN to Louisville. On through Indy, to around Champaign, IL for the night, then to Madison Monday AM. Doing straight interstate back on the following Fri-Sat.

I did see a post in a post saying they were going.

Anyhow, anyone else going?

And, hey, even if you aren't a member, swing by to see what's happening, including vendors.

Hey Wanderer, yep, I'm taking the Venture-Dream.

Mike G in SC

Bob, simple answer,,, no. Glad you asked.

No cost to come see and do most of the stuff. No "gate fee".

So, please do come by. Heck you might run into some VR there,,, like me.

Probably about 800-1000 people typically show, about 500-600 bikes.

Pay stuff includes banquets and any meals, auctions, seminars and the bike show or rodeo.

So the vendor area is free (unless you buy something!), Yamaha Star demo rides are free, most of the rides are on public roads and guess what,,,, just slide on in, no one is going to check.

So, the packet is $57. But if you aren't a STAR member, no problem, 75% of stuff won't cost you.

If you have any questions, PM or email me.

Thanks for asking,

Mike G in SC (and I am president of my local STAR chapter, Columbia, SC)

I'm not a star member, but I live 15 miles north of Middleton, so I'll probably stop in after work.

Quaker steak and lube has bike night on Wed, and it's less than a mile away from where star days is being held.

Maybe I'll run into some of you there.

Steve

I will be there this Saturday through next Friday, looking forward to doing some riding in Wisconsin to earn my wisconsin patch. I am the president of the central Illinois river cities chapter. The only cost to anyone is if they are gonna particpate in the Star Functions like rides and things of that nature. the reason being is insurance cost and meal cost.

Not going to be able to make it this year. I think only 2 people (husband/wife) are going from our chapter and haven't heard about anyone from the Indy chapter (which anyone who knows the Indy chapter is unusual for them not to have a good showing)

Everyone be safe and have fun.

Three of us (who are members of the Provo, Utah Chapter #431), are coming out to STAR Days.

And, you're right about the Valparaiso, Indiana chapter. They typically have a good showing are a nice bunch of folks. Sandy and I met them at our very first STAR Days in Longmont, Colorado five years ago, and because of the great impression they made with us, we decided to join STAR and really get in to riding.

We hope to meet and make some new friends out there, and especially some more of the VentureRider folks. So, if you see us please introduce yourself and say "hi".

Be Safe!

Pete.