IGNORED

Venture Down In Newfoundland

KeithR

There was an accident just outside of the town I live in a couple of days ago. All I can find out is it was a Black Venture from Ontario. As far as I know the rider is in the hospital but I have no info.

If anyone knows of anyone travelling in this area that may need some help or is a member here please let me know if there is anything I can do!

Keith

From CBC

A motorcycle accident in central Newfoundland sent the driver to hospital Tuesday afternoon. The RCMP in Grand Falls-Windsor says police responded to the accident at about 1 p.m. on the Trans Canada Highway just outside of Red Cliff.

The 56-year-old man was eventually airlifted to St. John's.

The RCMP says the resident of Ontario lost control of the bike and went off the road at the intersection to Red Cliff.

The investigation continues into what caused the crash. There hasn't been any word on the extent of injuries.

So Sad....

A 56-year-old man from Ontario, who was involved in a motorcycle accident just west of Grand Falls-Windsor this week, has died from his injuries. The man passed away Thursday night at the Health Sciences Center in St. John's.

According to the RCMP, it appears the man lost control of his bike on the Trans Canada Highway at the intersection to Red Cliff. Police are continuing their investigation into the accident.

They are doing an mechanical inspection of the bike. Where he had the accident was a straight stretch 4-5 Km's and one exit that is not real busy. If I hear anything I'll post it here.

Keith

The driver of a motorcycle who was injured when he went off the road near Grand Falls-Windsor has succumbed to his injuries in hospital.

The 56-year-old man from Ontario was taken to hospital June 28, immediately following the crash.

He passed away two days later, on June 30, at the Health Sciences Centre in St. John’s.

RCMP in Grand Falls-Windsor are continuing their investigation into what might have caused the driver to leave the road.

------------

Not aware that any name has been released.

I had posted a comment on the newspaper site and they responded saying they couldn't release the name because the family had not been contacted yet. Don't know if they will update the story with the name since it is "last week's news".

• 3 weeks later...