IGNORED

sources for shiny stuff for my 85 venture

Hi,

I am looking for a front fender rail, front fender light, front spoiler (not sure if that is the proper name for it) and passenger floorboards. I have been watching ebay. Will these parts off any venture 1983 - 1993 fit on my 1985? Are there other years that will fit? Any other ideas where to find these parts?

I am sure this type of question gets asked a lot by newcomers. Checked the forum for quite a while and didn't see anything so apologize if I missed an answer already posted.

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Welcome to VR

there arent many sources for our 85's because there arent many around and getting fewer every day.

I have bought most of my stuff from watching ebay and checking out the classifieds in here at the top of the page.

If your 85 is like mine was, one of your first purchases will probably be progressive spring for inside the fork tubes, to stop the forks from bottoming out on driveway bumps etc. they run about 80 bucks I think so its a fairly cheap mod and is a great bang for your buck. BUT it doesnt make the bike any shinier!!!!!

Also check PInwall Cycles Ebay store from time to time if you need parts, they have stuff for our bikes and tend to run fairly expensive for used parts,....but if you need a part it is still cheaper than new and some parts arent even availble as new any more.

brian

83 to 85 are all interchangeable, but 86 to 93 are differnent,,,, just a little. Some parts are the same. The difference comes in the saddle bags and trunk, so that changes pretty much anything involved with them, including the mufflers. Other than that, it's pretty much the same.