IGNORED

Thinking about new audio technology

I recently just finished my redo of my 1987 Venture Royale and took my first road trip on it to St.Mary's Ga from Atlanta and back I was pleased with the overall look and performance but was somewhat dissappointed in the original Audio radio/CB. intercome hair lip audio sound.

I am contemplating ripping the orginal out and replacing it with some current technology. Does anyone have some advice on components and installation?

I didnt rip any of mine out, i left the bike as it is. I bought the Scala headsets that are wirelss FM, and will allow me to connect to Bluetooth to get my cell phone, gps directions and if you have a gps with mp3 player, even your mp3 music. (I use my MP3 player but it doesnt have blue tooth so it needs a small cord to attach to the scala set)

With 2 headsets you also get intercomm and each person can listen to their own music and answer their own phone.

I like that they have no cables attaching you to the bike or each other so nothing to get tangled or ripped out.

You can also pair up other riders in your pack up to 4 I think and according to book you have about a half mile of connection range. I bought the Scala q2 from motorcyclegear.com for 169 bucks for 2 headsets complete a couple of months back, to me that was cheaper than trying to upgrade the bikes componenets and then possibly still not having what I want for sound. Here is link at MotorcycleGear http://www.motorcyclegear.com/parts/accessories/intercom__communication_systems/cardo_systems/scala_rider_q2_multiset_pro_bluetooth_intercom_boom_mic.html

THere is a new version of the scala out now that has even more features but the price also went up when they brought in the new model

8-Track player. I hear they are the bomb!

:happy34:

Thanks for the info Brian but I had a hard time scaring up any cassettes to play in the 2nd Gen 2007 Midnight Venture loaner I've been riding where the h*ll am I gonna find any 8-track tapes.

I was thinking more HP Tablet with air card internet access for GPS, MP3 downloads, internet radio/tv/movies, e-mail, video/audio input with satelite upload so I could stay in touch with my facebook fan club in real time while riding the country.

• 9 months later...