IGNORED

Baron 4-2-4 slip ons!

Guest KitCarson

Guest KitCarson

Hey Beer......I have my exhausts installed!! They are good uns!! My remaining Chirp is fully cured!! I received the brackets yesterday and late last night installed them. Do you know you can set off a car alarm with them lol!! I revved them up in the garage and the alarm went off in my jeep! It was dark and cold so I only rode the bike about five miles to check them out.......so far no noticeable difference in the bikes performance and there is a small pop from the AIS......will have to take them for a ride and down shift in a hard turn to see if this is going to require plugging the AIS. Hey you better get a wireless radio headset if you like music lol! I love them myself, has cured my chirp!!:bighug: Kit

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest KitCarson
Kit......Will you have to re-sync your carbs now?

Regards.....Boomer

I would think not........usually when you add slip ons to a bike the only thing it ever effects is the fuel/air mix and that is at low speed or idle..the effect is in the low end torque at low gear range.at the top of that range....with these bikes and the way this motor likes to run...should you mess with that? With this bike and these pipes I do not think so. I will know more after tomorrow, I am going to take the day off and go for a long ride.......get out of here!! I think the only thing we may have to do is plug the Polluting EPA stuff!!!.....called AIS. I do not know this for a fact yet.......I get a little pop sitting the the garage and loading the motor just with it sitting there.....this pop is always there, it is just the stock exhaust is so baffled you never notice it. I will know more about his tomorrow, if in fact the carbs need to be re-done.....re-synced.....that is not a big job....I used to do it with a coke bottle......now I have modern tools and a long screwdriver to reach that one screw way over on the side....you have to reach way over there from the right side to the left. I took it for a short ride.....did not see any difference, but I was busy just playing too.......I will go for a ride tomorrow and figure out what we need to do . Kit

Thanks for the info Kit....I'll be looking for a follow up report on your ride results.

I plan to put the same slip-on's on my Midnight Venture and any info you could provide would be helpful to say the least.

Regards.........Boomer

Edited to add: Enjoy the ride and be safe!

Guest KitCarson
Glad to hear (no pun intended) it Kit. Enjoy that great bike of yours and ride safe.

I certainly do enjoy this new bike.......more every time I ride it......I am pretty much used to it now.....it is getting to be an extension of myself when I ride it. Hope all goes well with your health today.......I will ask my friend up above to watch over you......Take Care Kit

About re-syncing...when I changed from stock mufflers to drilled out Harley mufflers, I had to re-sync. I don't know why, but changing the mufflers seems to change the sync. If I remember, it change the side-to-side sync. At least I would recommend checking it if you have the sync tool.

Hey Kit ,

I received my 4-2-4's today with clamps ! But I have to wrap them and put them under the CHRISTMAS Tree , Not the Holiday tree ! :rotf: . But will be up bright and early after I eat and drink the milk and cookies and to put them on , let's say 12:01 a.m. ! That should give Santa's Lil-helper enough time to re-coop . Then I will wake up the rest of the little kiddies in the neighborhood .

Going to resync at the New Years M & E regardless .

BEER30

Guest KitCarson
Hey Kit ,

I received my 4-2-4's today with clamps ! But I have to wrap them and put them under the CHRISTMAS Tree , Not the Holiday tree ! :rotf: . But will be up bright and early after I eat and drink the milk and cookies and to put them on , let's say 12:01 a.m. ! That should give Santa's Lil-helper enough time to re-coop . Then I will wake up the rest of the little kiddies in the neighborhood .

Going to resync at the New Years M & E regardless .

BEER30

As Denden has suggested.......I will check the carbs on mine one day soon also.....want to run them just as is , just to see, if it really does effect anything. Be too cold for me by meet and eat time......to ride no bike that far....for me in winter......two miles is far!! Will put the carb tune in the jeep, in case someone wants to use it. Kit

Guest KitCarson
Hey Kit,

Would it be possible to see a close up of how they look on your bike?

Thanks,

Steve

Here you go.......I took four photos.....can only find one!! Still learning a lot about these computers and cameras.......have no idea what happened to the other three:rotfl::rotfl:

Thanks Kit,

I have to assume that they exhaust, two on each side.

Look real good though.

I just put on a pair of slash cut RK, drilled out mufflers on my bike and on the same day got our first snow, and that was last fri.

Since then, wev'e gotten a foot of snow.

All reved up and no place to go----------

Steve

Guest KitCarson
Thanks Kit,

I have to assume that they exhaust, two on each side.

Look real good though.

I just put on a pair of slash cut RK, drilled out mufflers on my bike and on the same day got our first snow, and that was last fri.

Since then, wev'e gotten a foot of snow.

All reved up and no place to go----------

Steve

Here are two more........I will get this camera figured out or die trying!!

I've got the Baron 4-2-4 on my midnight venture, with the "extreme slash" tips. very loud pipes, makes the H-D riders sneak a peek with envy. I'll get some pics posted soon. I've had them on for about 6 months now. No resynch of the carbs done. Runs good, sounds good and looks good.

Guest KitCarson

You will all have to wait till this weekend.....it is 10 A.M in Lexington South Carolina and it is 38 degrees at my house with 22 mph winds......wind chill is like 29 degrees!!! Last two days have been up in the high 60s....this weekend will be they say 75 and 77 degrees......to me a bike is fun...not an endurance contest......will test out the pipes Saturday. Kit

Hey Kit,

Nice pipes,I have been eyeballin them for a while. Would love to catch up with you this weekend to hear them. Let me know when and where if you would like to hook up for a ride.

By the way, how does the wife like the extra decibels?

I ordered the Extreme Slash tips for my 4-2-4's last night , as a Christmas present from my mom . Ain't she GREAT ! Tips will be here Friday . Now if I can bribe my wife on letting put the 4-2-4's on early . Maybe another gold or diamond ring will do ? :stirthepot::stirthepot:

BEER30

Guest KitCarson
I ordered the Extreme Slash tips for my 4-2-4's last night , as a Christmas present from my mom . Ain't she GREAT ! Tips will be here Friday . Now if I can bribe my wife on letting put the 4-2-4's on early . Maybe another gold or diamond ring will do ? :stirthepot::stirthepot:

BEER30

I ordered the same tips for Sandy today.........told her it was a early Christmas present for her. She is quite wonderful also!!:big-grin-emoticon: Supposed to be a nice day Saturday.......time for a run to the coast or somewhere.

Guest KitCarson
Hey Kit,

Nice pipes,I have been eyeballin them for a while. Would love to catch up with you this weekend to hear them. Let me know when and where if you would like to hook up for a ride.

By the way, how does the wife like the extra decibels?

All I know so far is she wanted to know what all that rackett was in the garage!! A ride......okay......might be a good one this Saturday, If I remember you live in Elgin......even though it is going to be warmer......do not think Sandy will want to get out before noon!! So we will leave her home!! Let me get through tomorrow....look at the map.....figure out where to meet you....lets run down highway 21 to Yemmassee.....take a photo of the river in a couple places....easy slow backroad ride......about a 250 mile round trip......will PM you later tomorrow evening......or hunt up your phone number and call.

All I know so far is she wanted to know what all that rackett was in the garage!! A ride......okay......might be a good one this Saturday, If I remember you live in Elgin......even though it is going to be warmer......do not think Sandy will want to get out before noon!! So we will leave her home!! Let me get through tomorrow....look at the map.....figure out where to meet you....lets run down highway 21 to Yemmassee.....take a photo of the river in a couple places....easy slow backroad ride......about a 250 mile round trip......will PM you later tomorrow evening......or hunt up your phone number and call.

Hey, don't forget me :crying:

I may have to lag behind a mile or two, I know those pipes are quiet loud.

Met another RSTD rider over in Sumter that had the 4's and they were very loud. :)

Met another RSTD rider over in Sumter that had the 4's and they were very loud. :)

Perhaps you need a set of 4-2-4's for the Dungeon , to muffle out all that screamin and hollering going on in there ! :rotf::rotf::stirthepot:

BEER30

Guest KitCarson

Okay George.....you and Bobbie are not forgotten lol!! You can take the lead. I will ride middle and Dave can shotgun.........will look at the map tonight and figure out a place for all of us to meet up at. Call all of you. Kit

The time....will look at the weather..........this evening and decide......Meeting place for everyone........Highway 601 just past road 48 or bluff road there is a boat access to the Congaree river......this is on 601 just past 48 junction......easy for George and Dave to get to , just go to 601, I will cut across back roads and meet you all there........gas stop in orangeburg on the way down....one on the way back.....George you will have the lead.....on 21/17 there is a boat ramp I have been too.......want to stop there for a bit......then on around is one I have never been too......called the steel bridge or so I think.......may have to wander around to find that.......pretty black water river.......plenty things for Bobbie to take photos of...........slow easy day.....fun......talk to you all tonight. Kit