IGNORED

Yamaha Venture Royale CB controller swap

Hi All,

I recently acquired a 1989 Venture Royale to add to my stable, and it has the stock CB that works fine. The controller head in the right fairing side does not have a PTT switch like the head that came in my 1983 VR, (and I am not using that one as it didn't have the cb base under the top of the fairing, just the controller in my 83 VR), and was wondering if they are compatible. I don't have the stock headsets, so I don't have the PTT that probably came on them, the rear passenger control has a PTT, but I want one too. Can I just swap out the controllers and thereby have the PTT on my right? I would not have the local /DX button on the 89 controller, but who needs it. I would rather have the PTT. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!!

I didn't think the 83's had a CB in them from the factory. I could be wrong though.

I would believe your 83 has been modified at some point.

But, since neither of mine had a CB, I don't know about the PTT switch. I do know that the MKII's (86-93) had a PTT switch in the left handlebar switch housing on the front surface.

Gary

Hi All,

I recently acquired a 1989 Venture Royale to add to my stable, and it has the stock CB that works fine. The controller head in the right fairing side does not have a PTT switch like the head that came in my 1983 VR, (and I am not using that one as it didn't have the cb base under the top of the fairing, just the controller in my 83 VR), and was wondering if they are compatible. I don't have the stock headsets, so I don't have the PTT that probably came on them, the rear passenger control has a PTT, but I want one too. Can I just swap out the controllers and thereby have the PTT on my right? I would not have the local /DX button on the 89 controller, but who needs it. I would rather have the PTT. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!!

Your '83 CB was aftermarket. The '89 should have a PTT CB control on the left side near the clutch reserve.

Hi Guys,

thanks for the info, I found the PTT on the left handlebar, but the head i have extra that filled the hole in the rt.fAIRING pocket of the 83, HAS ONE TOO, AND ALSO THE DISPLAY IS STEEPER, SO BETTER VISIBILITY. i WAS JUST WONDERING IF IT MAY BAY COMPATIBLE. iT IS A STOCK CB HEAD THAT LOOKS VERY SIMILAR TO THE ONE ON THE 89... OOOPS, SORRY about the caps....hehe but I guess I can deal with the PTT and shallow display. Thanks again, and God Bless, Charlie