IGNORED

Ham radio Feild day 2011

clay18

Looks like it will miss this year. I will be out of town working... :bang head:

Probably just as well Owen...:scratchchin:

That bike of yours is just too low to the ground to ride out into a field to participate.:stickpoke::rotfl:

Hey Boss, feel free to move this to the "digs, jabs, and pokes" forum if you must..:crackup:

Not a Ham radio operator, but I have radioed for the past 32 yrs. I monitor channel 23 AM side (27.2550) here and this is the locals channel. We primarily radio in the winter months. My handle is Bowhunter. My antenna is around 2000 ft upon the ridge behind my home. I ran a lot of hard line to get there. Just an old Antron antenna around 30 ft in the air. I have a Ranger 2980 base with D104 Silver Eagle mike and sometimes run a little fire on the wire. Sounds like a nice event, hope you find something interesting to radio with.

Fuzzy

I'll spend a few hours out with the club---the call we'll use is K9BAR. I'll be working Saturday, but I'll probably go out for a couple of hours that evening, and then return Sunday morning with a rig with a CW filter, a key and keyer and make some CW contacts. Last year I just brought the key and keyer and none of the rigs there had a CW filter, so that didn't work at all---to much QRM.

Frank KA9J

I use to operate with K9RN's club and they are usually in the top 5 in the country with 3 transmitters.

I help with the local Emergency Management here in the county and we operate under K9ESV and they are going to try 3 transmitters this year.

Always great fun.

BOO

I use to operate with K9RN's club and they are usually in the top 5 in the country with 3 transmitters.

I help with the local Emergency Management here in the county and we operate under K9ESV and they are going to try 3 transmitters this year.

Always great fun.

BOO

I work with NOAA down here in Peachtree city WX4PTC Im going to be trying on working 10 meter 28.495 or 28.400, and doing alittle 440 and 2meter on there call freq