IGNORED

Mounting a Center Stand

I am about to mount one of Ponch's built center stands and I see a 6" long 3" diameter black tube with a rubber cap on it with a rubber hose running out the end mounted to the angle bracket where I need to mount the stand. First, what is this part and what does it do? Second Is there a relocation mod for this or is this part not necessary? Before I start taking stuff off I would like to know what I am doing before I mess something up.

Thanks for any insight I can get...

Mongo

It sounds like the rear shock to me. It doesn't need to be relocated.

edit: I bet it is a California emissions device. I bet you can work around it. Can you snap a pic and post it?

Edited by Ponch

I am about to mount one of Ponch's built center stands and I see a 6" long 3" diameter black tube with a rubber cap on it with a rubber hose running out the end mounted to the angle bracket where I need to mount the stand. First, what is this part and what does it do? Second Is there a relocation mod for this or is this part not necessary? Before I start taking stuff off I would like to know what I am doing before I mess something up.

Thanks for any insight I can get...

Mongo

Check these out, I am sure this will help.

http://venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1427

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=60689

Fuzzy

Thanks Fuzzy, Freebird and Ponch. I think it has something to do with Cali emissions as well.

I have seen all of the other posts and researched all areas for answers prior to asking. I appreciate your assistance.

Mongo