IGNORED

Another Rider Down!

GAWildKat

This happened about 5 mins from my house today....this time we lost a police officer. When will people start paying attention to the road and not their cellphones?

http://www.macon.com/2011/06/09/1590553/traffic-accident-causes-congestion.html#disqus_thread

UPDATE: Centerville police sergeant killed in WR motorcycle crash

By JENNIFER BURK - jburk@macon.com

WARNER ROBINS -- A Centerville police sergeant was killed in a Thursday morning accident between a motorcycle and sport utility vehicle in Warner Robins.

Woody Hudgens, 45, of Byron was pronounced dead at the scene of the 11:03 a.m. accident. His passenger, Ginger Palmer, 29, of Warner Robins, sustained multiple injuries and was taken to The Medical Center of Central Georgia where she is listed in critical condition, according to a police news release.

Hudgens was driving his 2006 Harley Davidson Sportster westbound on Russell Parkway when a 2005 Chevy Suburban traveling eastbound attempted to turn left onto Corder Road. The Suburban and the motorcycle collided at the intersection, the news release states.

The driver of the Suburban, Paula Pender, 59, of Warner Robins was not injured.

Charges are pending in the accident, which closed portions of Russell Parkway for nearly three hours, tying up traffic.

Anyone with information about the accident is asked to contact Traffic Investigator Tim Pippio at 293-1038

They got to keep fining people on the phone. ALL THE TIME. Most still don't care about using it driving. Why not with very little deterrence. What a shame.

I don't see where this person was on the phone. Do you have more info?

Brian

I was commenting on his original sentence.

"This happened about 5 mins from my house today....this time we lost a police officer. When will people start paying attention to the road and not their cellphones?"

I don't know if a cell phone was involved in this case either. I do know that I am often tempted to fire my fairing-mounted green slime-splat cannon whenever I see a driver holding a cell phone to their ear while allowing that it is an experience worth killing me for. I resist the urge and back off, getting away from that driver. I wonder if withholding the splat and ooze is doing a disservice by allowing the driver to believe that we all think that this is okay.

I don't know if a cell phone was involved in this case either. I do know that I am often tempted to fire my fairing-mounted green slime-splat cannon whenever I see a driver holding a cell phone to their ear while allowing that it is an experience worth killing me for. I resist the urge and back off, getting away from that driver. I wonder if withholding the splat and ooze is doing a disservice by allowing the driver to believe that we all think that this is okay.

:think:I wonder if firing a paintball gun would be considered assault with a "deadly" weapon?:confused24: Brenda would be very busy!!:innocent:

i've got a stebel horn...so when i'm passing a car that someone is texting or talking in and they've exhibited some erratic driving ....i give 'em a long blast........

The horn could also cause them to swerve towards you or away from you and could still cause an accident or worse. Make sure you are in safe position before you hit the horn button.