IGNORED

Another Muffler Question but different

mabeline

Pulled the mufflers off my bike tonight to replace a tire. Loosened the clamp bolts, gave the left one a wiggle and came off as normal, did the same to the right started pulling on the muffler and all the guts started coming out.:confused24: I've always used anti sieze on the pipe. It looks like the inside collar on the muffler is missing compared to the other one. Has anyone else have this happen. I'm taking it to the bike shop in the to see what they say. It should be warranty as it's an 08.

Yes, it's just the gasket. If it's missing, did you look on the header pipe? It could have stayed on it. To be honest, I've never seen them come apart like that but it shouldn't be a big deal.

Oh okay just a gasket. That kind of makes sense it's in between the muffler housing and the collar that slips on to the header pipe, right??? Only problem the collar is no wear to be seen. It's not on the header pipe and not inside the muffler either. I've had it off a half dozen times, don't know if it was ever there. So i should be able to order a new gasket and collar, tear out the old gasket and replace it with the new parts without much extra f5y*&$()(*)&% words to go with it ?

Conrad

Thanks everybody for the info. Sure had me wondering , I thought the muffler was pouched! I called the dealer later this afternoon and talked to a different person, and he said the same thing. Said he might even have one in stock. Naaaaa that never happens when you need it.:whistling:

Conrad