IGNORED

Anyone have installation instruction For A Hitch Doc 2nd Gen

Does anyone have a copy of installation instruction or the parts list, for a Hitch Doc for a 2nd Gen that they could e-mail me. Found one here local but the person didn't have the bike anymore. Only the hitch. need to make sure I've got all the parts I need, plus installing it correctly. Thanks in advance for help anyone can provide.

Charles

By the looks at the picture on thier site of the 2nd gen, it appears you remove the two lowest bolts on each side of rear fender and siddle bag supports. Remove the stock filler piece that runs under the rear edge of the rear fender, and install thier set up in the same four mounting holes

Shouldnt be more than a 15 minute job to install the "frame work"

Time consuming will be installing the wiring harness which will take longer if yuo decide to "solder" all the wires, run them where they cant be seen, tie the wire harness down secure, and to install the connector bracket..

Sounds like a about a two hour job and a twelve pack for starters..

By the looks at the picture on their site of the 2nd gen, it appears you remove the two lowest bolts on each side of rear fender and saddle bag supports. Remove the stock filler piece that runs under the rear edge of the rear fender, and install their set up in the same four mounting holes

Shouldn't be more than a 15 minute job to install the "frame work"

As ECK said above and you will need 2 bolts 1/2 inch longer then original with nylon self locking nuts.

It really is a 15 minute job and the wiring is the hard part with installation of the relay and wiring it will take a couple hours...........Ron

Are you guys SURE? He is asking about a Hitch Doc, not the Khromewerks. They may have changed now but the Hitch Docs used to be a lot more complicated than that. They had long arms that extended all the way up behind the chrome fender struts. Really a pain to install but a very strong hitch.

Are you guys SURE? He is asking about a Hitch Doc, not the Khromewerks. They may have changed now but the Hitch Docs used to be a lot more complicated than that. They had long arms that extended all the way up behind the chrome fender struts. Really a pain to install but a very strong hitch.

That is right. I have a hitchdock on my 03. I don't have the instructions any more and I can't remember if the top 4 bolts have to be longer or just two of them. As mentioned earlier if you contact hitchdock they could tell you or send instructions. They may even be accessed on their sight. I think someone did a tech article with pictures on this sight before the crash of 06 or maybe I dreamed it. I'm sorry I'm not more helpful. It I locate my old instructions I will let you know.

Freebird is correct..

Sorry, but what do I know anyway...ha

I was going by this picture...which really is not a good one...

http://www.hitchdoc.com/images/12-24-03/yamRSventure3.jpg

As seen here on a Valkyrie, it would be a task to install...

Im sure the Venture installation would be more geared towards this picture and installation instructions

http://www.herberts.org/wayne/valk/trailerhitch.htm

Freebird is correct, they are a pain in the butt to install, I put one on my 03 and then never used it. I had pictures of what you need I will try and find them for you, but if you want my 2 cents buy something else.

As for the original question about what parts there should be. If I remember correctly, there is only the hitch, bolts and some spacers. At the upper bolts behind the chrome fender strut trim, there is a spacer. It has to be removed so that the arms will fit there. The hitch comes with two thinner spacers to replace it. One will go on each side of the hitch arm. You should have the hitch, bolts and 4 spacers. If they are missing, they would be easy to make.

• 2 months later...