IGNORED

EBC Brake Pads....Tuff lil buggers!

Ok, I admit it. Some times I put things off a bit longer than I should. I installed new EBC pads front and rear about 18,000 miles ago. I've had to change out the front ones on both sides a couple of times due to caliper leaks and forks seals leaking so I've never worn a set down on the front. As for the back, I took them out and swapped sides about 8,000 miles ago to keep them wearing even. They looked pretty good back then.

So.... I had bought new sets for the front and rear to install this spring and had them on hand. I had blown out another set of fork seals so I repaired that and held off on the new front pads until I was sure the new seals would hold. Needless to say the front pads were a lil slick with the oiled pads and I was depending on the rear brake all the time. Only took a couple of days to check the seals and then installed the new pads.

I was going to install the rear pads when I mounted my new rear tire, which did not arrive as I had hoped so I put that off again for another week. Over the weekend I was cleaning the bike and had the bags off and looked at the caliper. I could see a lot of piston showing. Pulled the caliper off and dropped the pads. Yikes. Good thing I had swapped sides the last time. Both side were intact and evenly worn but shall we say, a lil thin. Rotor still looks great and still smooth.

Good thing I live in the good ole flatlands.

So all the new pads were on the day of the "Cager Club Sandwich" incident. At least that was good timing I guess.

So one of the rears compared to a fairly new used pad from the front.

Next time I'll be checking more often. :doh:

Mike