IGNORED

Re: Garmin GPS StreetPilot 2720 Please Explain

E-Fishin-C

I programed the Gps from House to Carls place in Brantford Brought me there ,So yesterday I tell it to go home So you'd figure the Gps will tell you to go the way you came from......BUT... It didnt..Instead of turning left at Colborne? it told me to turn right and go to hwy 24N

Not sure if this is truly accurate or not, but I was told by a Garmin rep that I called with a different question, that..... the GPS is accurate to within about 5-6 feet and that the difference in riding/driving/turning lanes going and coming from the same place can be sufficient to cause the GPS to default to a different route coming and going to the same place.

I know that both my GPS's have taken me the same route for the last two miles of the way to a relatives home in Blythewood, SC. The same two GPS's take me a slightly different route when I leave their housing community and begin the return home to Tennessee.

There may well be a GPS that can be programed to select specific roads for all or part of a trip. I would like to have one that does that, but I already have one for the car and one for the bike and the $$ for yet another is a little scare for an old retired swabbie!