IGNORED

Don't know my own brute strength...

Anybody have one of the cylinder side covers layin around? I just need one. Don't ask what happened... :bang head:

Send me an address.

I did the same thing to one of mine. I got a set of thin nylon washers and put behind them so they didn't bend in when screw was tightened.

Gary

If that is aluminum you could always have someone TIG weld it on the back side.

There is a local weld shop that I take small aluminum jobs to. It does not matter which welder comes to the door it is always wait here, brings it back in 5 minutes, welded, I hand him a fiver that goes right in his pocket.......

Who, within say... 750 miles of Green Bay Wisconsin... has a perfectly functioning 90-93 MK2 that might be willing to perform a little test for me? AND has easy access to their TCI (hope you relocated it)?

I'm tempted to wing you my TCI and have you try it on your bike to be sure I didn't damage it when I was putzing with it. Very simple: send it to you, have you test it (swap mine in place of yours), send it back to me. The way I understand it, 90-93s are specific in their TCIism (due to componentry), so it'll have to be in that window unless Dingy proves me wrong.

Why don't I try it on my own? Cuz I'm at least a full week away from having mine anywhere near ready to try out, and if there's anything needing to be done I'd just as soon do it in my current state of disassembly.

Any takers?

Who, within say... 750 miles of Green Bay Wisconsin... has a perfectly functioning 90-93 MK2 that might be willing to perform a little test for me? AND has easy access to their TCI (hope you relocated it)?

I'm tempted to wing you my TCI and have you try it on your bike to be sure I didn't damage it when I was putzing with it. Very simple: send it to you, have you test it (swap mine in place of yours), send it back to me. The way I understand it, 90-93s are specific in their TCIism (due to componentry), so it'll have to be in that window unless Dingy proves me wrong.

Why don't I try it on my own? Cuz I'm at least a full week away from having mine anywhere near ready to try out, and if there's anything needing to be done I'd just as soon do it in my current state of disassembly.

Any takers?

He's not within 750 miles of Wisconsin, but Jus Monkeyin Around here in Houston has a '90 and his TCI is relocated on the air box because we relocated it

:) Might want to get ahold of him :confused24:

Any takers?

My Geography is terrible but Ive got a 91 that it would take 2 minutes to try this for you,Im in Nc and off work for the next 7 weeks....shoot me a pm and ill help you out if I can

David

My Geography is terrible but Ive got a 91 that it would take 2 minutes to try this for you,Im in Nc and off work for the next 7 weeks....shoot me a pm and ill help you out if I can

David

Haha... no worries, mate. Actually my stipulation that it be within a certain distance of me was only in the interest of rapid transit time. It wouldn't make much of a difference in the long run- probably only one extra day to make it all the way to NC. Buuuuttt... it's already on its way to Michigan so it looks like I've got er taken care of for now. Thanks anywho though- appreciate the offer.