IGNORED

Is Darwin Awards running a contest?

Snaggletooth

We have another one trying for the title here. We had one a year or so ago running 142 mph on West Dodge, our main run through the city, (in dress clothes) because he was late to work. This guy beat his speed on I-680 which runs through Omaha and in the middle of the day.

We have had two riders die in the last week killed in single bike accidents on the Interstate in the city from losing control. I always look forward to being on the road with these folks.

I got a kick out the the way the article states that he had been "lodged" at the DC jail.

They left a light on for him.

OMAHA, Neb. -- The Nebraska State Patrol said it has arrested a man who was riding a motorcycle 88 miles above the posted speed limit.

Around 1 p.m. Thursday, authorities said, troopers were conducting traffic patrol near Interstate 680 and Maple Street when 27-year-old David Oien rode by going 148 mph.

With the help of the patrol's aviation division, authorities found Oien had stopped near I-680 and Irvington Road. Troopers said he was taken into custody without incident.

Officials said Oien was arrested and lodged in the Douglas County Jail on charges of felony flight to avoid arrest, willful reckless driving, driving under suspension, no registration and speeding.

Edited by Snaggletooth

I have a really hard time finding sympathy in myself for people like this. They give everyone on a bike a bad name. If he gets outs there and kills himself, I won't shed a tear. I just hope he doesn't take anyone with him...

The Ohio State Patrol got a pair of bikers doing 140+ last summer down around Columbus from an airplane.

When they pulled them over, it was found to be two off duty Ohio State Patrolmen.

:sign It wasnt me:

Gary