Hi everyone.

I'm new to the forum and I'm not sure if this has been discussed before. I did have a good look through the threads but couldn't find anything that could help. So I'm hoping that someone here can help me.

I have a Royal Star that I have stripped down to be repainted and some some TLC wotk on as well.

Bike

1997 Royal Starr XVZ1300

I have done the following work;

Hand Polished Controls

New Clutch Cylinder

New Foot Controls

Resprayed

New Battery Filters etc

Many other little bits now worth mentioning.

I put it back together last week and tried to crank it over and the starter motor spins but there is no spark at the spark plugs.

As the starter motor spins and the coils and leads were fine prior to the work I did (it was starting and going fine), I think that the digital igniter might be blown. Does this happen?

When I hooked it all up and tried to crank it the first few times I did hear a pop from under neath the seat sounding like a fuse blowing. But all the fuses were fine.

If it is the igniter is it better to get a performance after-market one such as the Dynatek 3000 one?

Thanks for you help in advance.

Hi everyone.

I'm new to the forum and I'm not sure if this has been discussed before. I did have a good look through the threads but couldn't find anything that could help. So I'm hoping that someone here can help me.

I have a Royal Star that I have stripped down to be repainted and some some TLC wotk on as well.

Bike

1997 Royal Starr XVZ1300

I have done the following work;

Hand Polished Controls

New Clutch Cylinder

New Foot Controls

Resprayed

New Battery Filters etc

Many other little bits now worth mentioning.

I put it back together last week and tried to crank it over and the starter motor spins but there is no spark at the spark plugs.

As the starter motor spins and the coils and leads were fine prior to the work I did (it was starting and going fine), I think that the digital igniter might be blown. Does this happen?

When I hooked it all up and tried to crank it the first few times I did hear a pop from under neath the seat sounding like a fuse blowing. But all the fuses were fine.

If it is the igniter is it better to get a performance after-market one such as the Dynatek 3000 one?

Thanks for you help in advance.

......have you checked the kill switch? Been burned more than once on that getting bumped or switched (or "funny" friends) and not noticing it. Can crank yer brains out and it ain't gonna fire up. And if things were all taken apart not a stretch to think it got bumped.

The motor will still crank if this switch is in the "kill" position but there will be no spark. This switch just shuts down the ignition system to shut off the engine without turning off the key.

If it just cranks in the off position, you probably have something wired wrong. Just to eliminate other possibilities though. Put the kickstand UP, make sure the bike is in neutral, put the kill switch in the on position and try again.

Ok so I flick the side stand up and nothing. I'm thinking maybe it is an issue of this form and squeeze in the clutch and it starts up first hit. Couldn't believe it after all that I didn't think to try that in the first place. So I'm guessing it may have something to do with the neutral switch?? Would that be right?

The OD light stays on all the time as well would that have anything to do with the same issue?