IGNORED

Pipe or cigar smokers

Galapagos

Last time I quit smoking I smoked a pipe; no not that kind; that is another thing. I liked a black cherry blend. I only smoke regular swisher sweets or GOOD cigars now. Mostly because of the smell to other people. Cheap cigars stink. Rod

try em all.........

I had a 12 year old opus X the other day. Talk about a wallet flattener.....

IMHO most Cubans are junk but a real Montecristo Tubo is the highest nicotine cigar I have ever smoked..... the first one put me horizontal for an hour........

I smoke the "Black and Mild" from Middleton, they come in many different flavors, to match my mood, and they even have a "Wood Tipped" offering, that is pleasant. All of this line of cigars are pipe tobacco rolled into a cigar. They are not a "Stogie" by any means, but when riding my VR, or during times when it just isn't convenient to load and smoke my pipe, these cigars fill the void nicely. These cigars are manufactured locally, (King of Prussia, Pa.) so they are usually pretty fresh.:thumbsup2:

Earl

Check out Famoussmoke.com or cigarinternational.com

Either one will provide you with hours of selection possibilities. I order from them all the time and rarely settle on a favorite. I usually only smoke on the weekends or occasionally in the evening. I enjoy trying new and different cigars.

One that I've found at a local shop is called Tatiana. It's a vanilla infused 42 ring gauge that I really enjoy.

Your local shop might cost a bit more but they can provide a lot of advice.

I have tried quite a number of handmades and have settled on the following as favorites.

Excalibur II and Excalibur III - special occasion and weekends

El Rey Del Mundo Corona Immensa - good everyday and all-around

I prefer a medium bodied smoke with a maduro wrapper. I quit cigarettes in 1986 and picked up cigars in 2008 while on annual winter hiatus in Key West.

Idaho home grown, Burly and Havana mix for filler. Nothing like growing and rolling your own.

My favorite store bought was Aurto Fuente Exquisito maduro but having grown my own for several years I find I prefer those to any store bought.

If by chance you find yourself interested in rolling your own I have a friend in PA that sells leaf for 6.50 a pound...enough for 25 to 75 cigars depending on how large you like em.

I smoke a ton of Tatuaje's, Viaje's, Fuente's...etc etc and the occasional stick from the ISOM. :)

If any of the Dallas / Ft. Worth brothers (or sisters) would like to get together for a smoke and a few drinks, I'm always game !!