IGNORED

Bike kicked, brackets bent - what is with people today?

cowpuc

My nephew bought a new Stratoliner "S" this spring.. What a GORGEOUS piece of work that baby is.. Personalizing it with additional chrome add ons he spent over 18 grand on it... He didnt even have 1000 miles on it and some low life stomped down on his rear fender and did a bunch of damage to it... Personally,, I chalked his bad experience up to pure jealously - sure makes you wonder though...

Yesterday I have my ol 83 out playing in the cold.. Tossed on the leather sled suit and took a refreshing ride at 20 degrees... Only stop I made was at a local store for a few minutes,, I parked up next to the building in the motorcycle area.. I get home and discover that someone had kicked the left side bag guard hard enough that it had broken the mount for my backrest off the guard and bent the guard back and down against the bag..

Our local area has been experiencing a lot of this kind of stuff.. All the powers that be blame it on our Michigan economic situation, home forclosures, bored kids/adults,,, whateverr... As I worked in my garage earlier straightening out the mess the thought went through my mind of just how far we have fallen - I mean, come on folks,,,,,, jealousy over a 24 year old bike that was one of the most unwanted,, overlooked,, unpurchased scoots of its time???? Wont be long and the jerks around here will be willing to risk 15 years for Grand Theft for a stupid Chinese Moped....

On the same note,,,,,, I WOULD LOVE TO CATCH EM JUST ONE TIME!!!!

Sorry,, had to fume...

'Puc

It's a sick feeling, when you first see it and realize somebody did that to your bike. I lost a Suzuki back in the 80's; walked out after work and spent 45 minutes trying to remember where I parked it. Then you get mad. Eventually you realize that there's always going to be someone who is mad at you or the world and will take it out on you if they get a chance.

I've not had problems with my Venture, yet. I expect I will some day, but I'm not going to worry about it. Bikes can be fixed or replaced.

Kinda happened to me in the past. About 15 years ago, I came outside of the apartment I was living in, found the VR laying on its side. It was on the centerstand too. I think it was pushed over by a car cause it went down perty darn hard.

Fairing busted, still think the fairing frame is bent, destroyed one of the ventureline wings, bent and engine guard...

Sad thing was it pissed me off so bad, that picked the bike up and then it sat for over seven years untouched and unridden in the weather.

Misplaced my anger and I have paid for it trying to bring it back.

There was no note and no one ever admitted to it.

Bored kids or adults with little to no respect for others and even less respect for there stuff.

Unfortunately in todays age where you can go to jail for spanking your kids this is what we have to learn to live with. Now I never had to spank my kids but they never knew I wouldn’t and if I did I didn’t have to worry about the moral police turning me in. My father only had to teach me ONCE and I flew straight after that.

Guest KitCarson

Scott: Sorry they messed with your bike.........would not think it is jealousy, I mean after all it is a first gen......stuff falls off those all the time don't it??:sign20:. I think it is like Condor said.....a sign of the times....people just have no sense of right or wrong. And no incentive to have this sense. They can rob a lady in the parking lot, and have nothing to answer for.....and if we were to catch someone deliberately doing something like this......and take action.....guess who would go to jail...............would not be the one who is a product of today......would be us........

Yea, I was talking with a co-worker this morning about the sad state of affairs our country is in these days. We have kids that don't respect authority and other people's property. It's not "genetics", it is a choice that is made. You hear in the media all the time when somebody does something real bad or perverted - you hear, well they had a bad past, they were molested as a child, etc, etc. In other words, they're not accountable, it's not their fault, etc. All our choices have consequences, some good some bad. But now-a-days, no one wants to be held accountable. It is in the raising. We have two generations out there whose parents, for the most part (there's always exceptions), that did not disipline their children and look where we are - the proof's in the pudding.

:2cents:

What kind of hero's do kids have today. Look at what they see at the movies, what kind of music and words they hear. Their 'heros' are theives, gangster rappers, all of the celebrity's that have been seen on TV. Who's been making the bucks on these people. Who's fault is all of this idol worship gone wrong? It's not like the heros we had when we were kids. The Skykings, Lone Rangers, Father Knows Best, they're all long gone.

Leonard

Too many people today do not respect themselves or their own property........expecting them to respect other folks property is simply not PC I suppose......Grrrrrrrrrr..........

And for the violators I'll simply let this picture speak for itself.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-5/206549/american-justice.jpg

I am sure sorry to hear what happened to you. I do not think there is any one answer to the situation of people not respecting our proprety.

I work in schools, I see it all and have heard it all.

I believe kids today get too much, and do not appreciate what they have, because they do not understand what it is like to have to work for what you have. Several years ago we were at a Easy Rider event in Chilocothe,Ohio where some bikers burnt up some Japanese motorcycles that had come to the event. What a horrible thing.

We left right after that, no sense taking chances. I am sure we would have been next.

I also think that the absence of religious practice by many families has gotten us in this sad state of affairs. Taking God out of our world is not the way to resolve our problems.

Worrying about offending everyone, when we say"Merry Christmas".

I could say more, but I am pretty sure you get my drift.

Peggy

I'm sorry about what happened to you and your son. I've been fortunate in that regard. I've been coast to coast and only two incidents. One about nine yrs. ago at a motel 6 on hwy 1 in northern Cal. My saddle bags were ransacked on Halloween night. Nothing of value was in the bags as I had those things with me in the rm. I was riding my 97 Rstar @ that time. Another time about 3 yrs ago in a Holiday inn parking lot in Shreveport La someone put chewing gum on the front fender ornament. It's kind of the code of the road in these parts that if you touch another persons bike you get you a#s kicked especially among 1% bikers. At a motorcycle rally in Pawhuska, Ok. a drunk came up running his mouth in friendly fashion and put his hand on a bikers handle bar grip to steady himself and I had to do some fast talking to the owner as he was prepared to kick his butt. I assumed it was that way everywhere or I have just been lucky. I will attest to the moral decay of our society and the lack of respect across the board in all ages of people these days. My wife & I own & operate two day care centers & it is sad the progressive negative changes in children. It is like they are being raised by wolves. Destructive, absolutely no boundaries or respect for elders, each other or themselves. They are checked out like Stepford children or children of the corn. When you try to enlist support from the parents it is many times some one elses fault and little or no consequences for their behavior. The kids seem to be starving for attention and negative attention is better than none I suppose. Sorry about the rant. I could go on & on.

What kind of hero's do kids have today. Look at what they see at the movies, what kind of music and words they hear. Their 'heros' are theives, gangster rappers, all of the celebrity's that have been seen on TV. Who's been making the bucks on these people. Who's fault is all of this idol worship gone wrong? It's not like the heros we had when we were kids. The Skykings, Lone Rangers, Father Knows Best, they're all long gone.

Leonard

Seahunt, dragnet, honeymooners, leave it to beaver, gunsmoke, I love lucy,...