IGNORED

Is Mercury still available. Motion Pro Manometer lost its Merc

muaymendez1

So my buddy had his manometer laying on the garage floor with half of the Mercury laying right next to it. I tried everything from a syringe to scooping up with a flat piece of paper and could only get half back in. He decided to let me have the now useless gueges.

Is it trash? can I purchase or collect enough from old thermostats or can I substitute someother material for mercury?

Is Mercury magnetic?? just a thought

So my buddy had his manometer laying on the garage floor with half of the Mercury laying right next to it. I tried everything from a syringe to scooping up with a flat piece of paper and could only get half back in. He decided to let me have the now useless gueges.

Is it trash? can I purchase or collect enough from old thermostats or can I substitute someother material for mercury?

It is available.

Try at a full service Pharmacy. or a custom Neon Sign manufacturer.

You can get it a a lab supply like HERE for 100 grams.

you can buy a new mercury manometer from Saber Cycles HERE or HERE with a long screwdriver...

I have one and don't have a use for it anymore as I don't have a multi-carbureted bike.

I is a good tool.

BTW I have about 6 Oz of mercurey in a flask, if you lived near me I would give you some.....

Edited by KiteSquid

Shipping is the problem. If you ship in an unmarked box and its found to be dangerous good the shipper can face serious charges.

i will try pharmacies as my mom said the same thing.

Also light mercury light makers was a good idea.

if all elsefails I found 2 places outta state that still carries the merc refill bottles.

I bought it on line. It was shipped in a plastic bottle and in a padded shipping envelope. I was amazed how available it was and there was nothing about the shipping to indicate what was in the envelope.

don't remember where I got it and it turned out the restrictors were bad in the tubes and I ended up throwing the gauges away .